Not a Bad First Outing | Syracusefan.com

Not a Bad First Outing

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
The top two FO guys were 13 for 21 (do understand that you have to GET OFF if you're called for a FO infraction). The defense kept the Thompsons, who are not exactly chopped liver, more or less under control. Got two goalies who are more than serviceable (still marvelling at some of Lerman's saves early on). Three capable middle lines. So far, so good. Need to avoid dumb-a$$ penalties like Megill and Hamlin had early on.

The top two FO guys were 13 for 21 (do understand that you have to GET OFF if you're called for a FO infraction). The defense kept the Thompsons, who are not exactly chopped liver, more or less under control. Got two goalies who are more than serviceable (still marvelling at some of Lerman's saves early on). Three capable middle lines. So far, so good. Need to avoid dumb-a$$ penalties like Megill and Hamlin had early on.
A first game that had enough mistakes to grab their attention in practice. Some passes and GBs The goalies played well enough to stem panic there.

:) Barber/Desko/Commetti/Donahue those West Genny Guys acquited themselves well. esp Barber a pleasent surprise.

Did anyone notice Tim Desko looked to be struggling with his Knee, I think we may have problems with this and need another left attackmen to fill in until Timmy is fully Healthy, I dont know if im wrong but he seemed to have teh knee wrapped and when he planeted his foot to shoot (for his goal) he seemed to be in some pain! I hope he's ok!

Mullins seems to be the 4th D man and did well, good to see Harris down there also, the early slide from Megill on the Myles T shut the door , Hamlin also played physically!

JoJo was 22 for us and Hakeem looked strong from the top of the box. Pratt looked very scrappy but had a mental lapse at the start for the game and lost the ball! I always liked Barber and he looked like he wanted to step up yesterday, its great to see!

Did anyone notice Tim Desko looked to be struggling with his Knee, I think we may have problems with this and need another left attackmen to fill in until Timmy is fully Healthy, I dont know if im wrong but he seemed to have teh knee wrapped and when he planeted his foot to shoot (for his goal) he seemed to be in some pain! I hope he's ok!

Mullins seems to be the 4th D man and did well, good to see Harris down there also, the early slide from Megill on the Myles T shut the door , Hamlin also played physically!

JoJo was 22 for us and Hakeem looked strong from the top of the box. Pratt looked very scrappy but had a mental lapse at the start for the game and lost the ball! I always liked Barber and he looked like he wanted to step up yesterday, its great to see!
I said the same thing re: Desko in the post-BB game chat room. He just doesn't seem to have his legs yet (no pun intended). Hopefully, it's just rust he has to shake off.

Desko took a Cross Check to the throat in front of the crease , I thought he was done (For the year)

Good to see Mullins doing well, especially as a freshman, though a tiny part of me is hoping he couldn't hang, decide to put up his stick and sign on with the SU football team. :bat:

It was hard to see that with Timmy without being there and watching it on TV but he definetly was off, but it seems like it doesn't matter, lefty righty, Donahue is the 4th attackman no matter what, he actually came in for both Palasek & Maltz , who I would think were players they would want to keep on the field, especially if Timmy isn't 100% with his knee. I think Maltz will get better & better he could've easily had 5 goals off Palasek feeds but I think that is just game experience and in time he will be leading scorer for this team...May is when it matters so by then he should be a regular 3 goals a game minimum for him! HHH

desko did seem a bit hobbled toward the end. not overly impressed with the attack guys. rutgers goalie was asleep first halve. some nice drives by the middies who brought most of the bang but those shots looked stoppable. i thought the close D did a nice job on resintinitus and the thompson trips (holdthemnow!whoooaa!) and the goalies exceeded expectations. i'm not so much upset by all the penalties becuz we were putting on a pretty aggressive ride and i like to see dudes clobbered but that slash on desko was highlanderesque. hate to wait so long for another dome show.