Not a lot of respect | Syracusefan.com

Not a lot of respect

Miami, VT and BC all went to the ACC and more than held their own. I expect SU, Pitt and LVille to do the same. The truth is, UVA, Maryland, NCSt, wake, duke and UNC are not as daunting as folks would want you to believe. All could be good, but there isn't a great team in that group. Miami is not what Miami was, GTech is solid, and FSU looks like a top,team again. The is still out on Clemson for me. We will be competitive. Of that, I have no doubt.

Let them underestimate us. By the time the season starts, there should be more than enough locker-board material to get the players nice and pissed right before a game.

Let them underestimate us. By the time the season starts, there should be more than enough locker-board material to get the players nice and pissed right before a game.
By the time we play an ACC team we will have their attention, after Penn St and Northwestern.

By the time we play an ACC team we will have their attention, after Penn St and Northwestern.

IF, and that's still an IF at this point, we do indeed beat both PSU and Northwestern that will be the 2 best OOC wins in the same season any ACC team has had in football in a long time.

Cheers,
Neil

IF, and that's still an IF at this point, we do indeed beat both PSU and Northwestern that will be the 2 best OOC wins in the same season any ACC team has had in football in a long time.

Cheers,
Neil
:D

People act like the top teams in the Big East were bums. Louisville, Cincinatti, and even to an extent that other team all could hold their own. The Big East always performed well in bowl games. UL completely thrashed UF last year. Sure there were some bad schools like Temple, and Uconn, but they aren't worse then Wake and Duke. The Big East really didn't have a FSU, or Clemson, but all the rest were pretty equal. This isn't going to be as big a jump as everyone is making it out to be.

People act like the top teams in the Big East were bums. Louisville, Cincinatti, and even to an extent that other team all could hold their own. The Big East always performed well in bowl games. UL completely thrashed UF last year. Sure there were some bad schools like Temple, and Uconn, but they aren't worse then Wake and Duke. The Big East really didn't have a FSU, or Clemson, but all the rest were pretty equal. This isn't going to be as big a jump as everyone is making it out to be.

Don't forget about West Virginia - they had a tremendous run in the Pat White era with two BCS bowl victories over Oklahoma and Georgia. In 2007, all they had to do was beat a completely mediocre Pitt team at home to end the season and they would have been playing for a national title.

Don't forget about West Virginia - they had a tremendous run in the Pat White era with two BCS bowl victories over Oklahoma and Georgia. In 2007, all they had to do was beat a completely mediocre Pitt team at home to end the season and they would have been playing for a national title.

They also made it to the 2013 Pinstripe Bowl. I forgot how that went down but I hear Pat White was just sacked again.

They also made it to the 2013 Pinstripe Bowl. I forgot how that went down but I hear Pat White was just sacked again.

You know that Pat White and Geno Smith are two different people, right?

The ACC hasn't had an "FSU" or "Clemson" for a while. I hope last year was an indicator of good things to come.

The biggest difference moving from the Big East to the ACC will be lack of respect these first few years. Big East teams always gave us their best shot in any sport because they knew Syracuse was one of the kings of the conference.

The ACC will underestimate us at first but after a few beat downs, gritty wins, and tough losses they will soon learn Syracuse will be a king in the ACC too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Cheers,
Neil
Not if we beat UGA and USC this year, but I do hope you guys win those games.

All SU has shown is that they aren't a ridiculous embarrassment now. A competitive team, but that's as far as it goes. Still a ton of work before we need to worry about respect and league titles.