Not another thread on Attendance - Where's the Press? | Syracusefan.com

Not another thread on Attendance - Where's the Press?

chakka3421

All Conference
Yes another thread on attendance - different subject matter. Where is the press on this matter? Where is Dave R and the Post Standard? Where is Brent Axe from 1260? What is Nico T from Channel 3? Where is the advertising for the game - I heard an advertisement this morning from the same guy who does the same soundbite over and over and over and over again - which is white static noise to me because I dont even remember what he said. Whats the definition of corporate insanity? Expecting a different result doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again...

I think that they teach at the Maxwell school that media plays an important part in shaping public opinion - so where is our local media?

Not making any judgments, just wondering what you want the local media to say? I have read articles where they chastise the fan base, there have been some stories on our own Fine Lot tailgate, there have been some stories when they give tickets to Fort Drum, but other then that, what are you looking for?

Remember, the media isn't PR. They do stories based on journalism, not based on being the mouthpiece of the university.

I like the idea somebody had the other day.Banners across Salina ST and around DTown.They put them up for everything else in the world across Salina.Why not for games.Nice that Gross is pushing NYC, but seems to me we need more pushing right here.We need alot more excitement in the local area.

I'm not sure what the media can say to motivate fans to go to the game, but I feel strongly that doom and gloom from the media plays right into the status quo. SU needs to do more work to create a new culture around college football in CNY. I love that HCDM is so open with the local high school coaches, and I believe that he is doing all sorts of similar things to build and grow the culture but it takes time.

Yes another thread on attendance - different subject matter. Where is the press on this matter? Where is Dave R and the Post Standard? Where is Brent Axe from 1260? What is Nico T from Channel 3? Where is the advertising for the game - I heard an advertisement this morning from the same guy who does the same soundbite over and over and over and over again - which is white static noise to me because I dont even remember what he said. Whats the definition of corporate insanity? Expecting a different result doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again...

I think that they teach at the Maxwell school that media plays an important part in shaping public opinion - so where is our local media?

A Dave R. can mention it in an article or Axe can on his show, but for the most part I think you are talking about marketing and advertising which is all on SU.

I think they might get some negative responses if they went that route, if you complain people will dig their heels and get angry and not listen or buy their products. I'm not sure if insulting your customers is a way to go.

I think perhaps like the SU ticket commercial the media should go around town and ask people why they dont attend games.. do a poll on tv.. is it apathy? cost? team play? lack of tubas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom