Not Just Another Day... | Syracusefan.com

Not Just Another Day...

arbitragegls

All Conference
woke up this morning...placed my Jack bottle away and placed half used can of coke in refrigerator and noticed something: Didn't care about the few clouds in the sky and a forecast that indicated 40% chance of rain.....the air was fragrant with a freshness that hasn't been there since...well since Syracuse won its elite 8 game.
I looked up again and squinted...not because it was sunny...but because there was abundant sunshine sparkling within my mind...gosh its good to be 'Cuse today!

Hope all are enjoying the ride as much as I...together this thing called the ACC will embellish our lives, well at least the fandom part, with good feeling and fun. More to come...will be mostly good and as everyone knows we really need that good news that freshness of a new start...and for Syracuse University reality starts July 1, 2013.

How about you? Is there more briskness in your step; a feeling of goodwill perhaps?

It secures the future and its nice to be at the big boy table. Just happy that realignment news might settle down. July 1st can't get here soon enough

Will feel even better when they break ground for the IPF.

Hey Arb just some loose ends - you mentioned in previous posts about the B12 and the ACC getting together to find ways to stabilize each conference from further poaching by others. With such a "unified and all in" deal among the 14 plus 1/2 (ND being 1/2) schools in the new ACC, where does that leave the B12?

It seems like to me that their are only 2 schools of any worth in the B12 - UT and OU. If those 2 go to some other conference like the B1G or PAC, the remaining teams are toast in my opinion. So is conference realignment really over for now or is the implosion of the B12 next up?

Finally, any word on Maryland - any chance they rescind the deal with the B1G and end up back in the ACC?

We were the Big East. Our neighboring conference, the ACC, went to war with us. They captured some of our troops and impressed them into service. We finally lost the war and now we're forced into their service (albeit with a good salary and nice benefits). Now we have to hope we can beat them from within. If that's happiness, then I guess I'm happy. ;)

We were the Big East. Our neighboring conference, the ACC, went to war with us. They captured some of our troops and impressed them into service. We finally lost the war and now we're forced into their service (albeit with a good salary and nice benefits). Now we have to hope we can beat them from within. If that's happiness, then I guess I'm happy. ;)

Easy on the war references. Syracuse did not lose a war. Our athletic program is in a much better position today than it has ever been in.

The Big East was a corporation built on an unsound foundation. Syracuse was a valuable asset of that corporation. Competitors came in and acquired those assets which brought value to their business (SU, Pitt, LVille, WVU, RU). In doing so, the Big East corporation became unsustainable and dissolved.

Some business units consolidated into the C7. Others which didn't add value were forced to fend for themselves (Cinci, UCF, UConn)

Wait! Wait! Wasn't it supposed to go like this??

I don't care who you are, that there is funny! Man is that guy delusional. Where the hell does he pull this stuff from? He's 90% sure UNC was going to apply to B10? Really? Is he friends with their president? Why would anyone listen to that guy?

I'm just glad that Oklahoma's move to the BiG will put WVA back at the kiddie table. AAC, Big 12 super conference perhaps?

The ACC situation does make me feel real good about Syracuse University Football.

No doubt.

The ACC and the IPF will dramatically change the trajectory of the Program.

Not since the Carrier Dome . . . .

Easy on the war references. Syracuse did not lose a war. Our athletic program is in a much better position today than it has ever been in.

The Big East was a corporation built on an unsound foundation. Syracuse was a valuable asset of that corporation. Competitors came in and acquired those assets which brought value to their business (SU, Pitt, LVille, WVU, RU). In doing so, the Big East corporation became unsustainable and dissolved.

Some business units consolidated into the C7. Others which didn't add value were forced to fend for themselves (Cinci, UCF, UConn)
Good chronicle of how the war was lost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom