Not much of a crowd at TBT tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not much of a crowd at TBT tonight...

Good grief--your assessment of his NBA potential is what's horrific.

I've given you numerous opportunities to back down from your hyperbole. You've turned this into a diatribe about how I'd support Jimmer if only JB had offered him... like he should have.

old.jpg

The reality is that if NBA teams wanted Jimmer in the league, he'd be in the league. But they don't, so he isn't. For a variety of reasons.

Here is where it started. I have literally only talked about NBA teams offering minimum money and 12th man. I’ve clearly conceded no one is offering him 6th man type offers. He makes way more in China. If an NBA team offered him a 4 yr 30 mil deal he would be in the NBA in a heartbeat. But they aren’t.

And IMO someone should. It’s a helluva lot better risk than 90% of the other 4 yr 40-50 mil contracts they’ve given out over the last 3 yrs.

As I said - you’ve been missing my point the whole time.

Have a good evening. Go Cuse.

Attachments

• 5A4A0233-0D8F-461E-805C-88AD0D03E6EF.png
    5A4A0233-0D8F-461E-805C-88AD0D03E6EF.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 20
Here is where it started. I have literally only talked about NBA teams offering minimum money and 12th man. I’ve clearly conceded no one is offering him 6th man type offers. He makes way more in China. If an NBA team offered him a 4 yr 30 mil deal he would be in the NBA in a heartbeat. But they aren’t.

And IMO someone should. It’s a helluva lot better risk than 90% of the other 4 yr 40-50 mil contracts they’ve given out over the last 3 yrs.

As I said - you’ve been missing my point the whole time.

Have a good evening. Go Cuse.

I haven't missed your point at all -- I've pointed out that your take is just your unsubstantiated opinion, which isn't supported by what actually transpired as NBA teams signed players / filled out their rosters.

I've also passed along reasons why this might be the case with regards to Fredette's candidacy for one of those highly coveted 300 jobs -- you've just chosen to overlook those reasons because they don't align with your perspective. To each their own.

Likewise, have a good evening.

Yep, basically exactly in agreement. Other than I think Jimmer could make a little bit more of a difference for a middling or even bad team. I certainly wouldn’t put him on Celtics or Warriors but he could be a poor mans or maybe even a similar player as IT on Celtics 2 yrs ago.

Yeah, I don’t see anything nearly like that out of him. Because...I really liked IT from day 1 and thought the Kings were messing up by not playing him and giving him the reigns...and as much as I liked him I still never saw him having a season like he had with the Celtics. I was thinking maybe 16 and 6 or something...not 27 ppg or whatever he averaged.

I could see Jimmer shooting 40% from 3 and maybe averaging 7-12 or so ppg depending on minutes. But he would’ve had to really improve other areas of his game to get those minutes. Like JJ Redick...known as a shooter but he really made strides as a ball handler and playmaker in his later Orlando years.

I think best case Jimmer became(becomes?) a 6’2 version of peak Redick, but would’ve had to really improve on what he showed in his first few NBA years.

I haven't missed your point at all -- I've pointed out that your take is just your unsubstantiated opinion, which isn't supported by what actually transpired as NBA teams signed players / filled out their rosters.

I've also passed along reasons why this might be the case with regards to Fredette's candidacy for one of those highly coveted 300 jobs -- you've just chosen to overlook those reasons because they don't align with your perspective. To each their own.

Likewise, have a good evening.

Oh let’s get 1 fact straight here. Every single post I made about Jimmer in this is clearly an opinion and ONLY and opinion. There is zero fact behind it. Thought that was understood.

Your second paragraph I assume is about him being uncoachable? At best that’s a rumor. Either way - I said at least twice - that I won’t argue it true or false.

Yeah, I don’t see anything nearly like that out of him. Because...I really liked IT from day 1 and thought the Kings were messing up by not playing him and giving him the reigns...and as much as I liked him I still never saw him having a season like he had with the Celtics. I was thinking maybe 16 and 6 or something...not 27 ppg or whatever he averaged.

I could see Jimmer shooting 40% from 3 and maybe averaging 7-12 or so ppg depending on minutes. But he would’ve had to really improve other areas of his game to get those minutes. Like JJ Redick...known as a shooter but he really made strides as a ball handler and playmaker in his later Orlando years.

I think best case Jimmer became(becomes?) a 6’2 version of peak Redick, but would’ve had to really improve on what he showed in his first few NBA years.

Jimmer is a way better play maker than JJ tho. Right?? Right??

He’s a liability of the defensive end for sure. But so is IT. Jimmer prob more of an effort issue. IT more of a height issue.

Oh let’s get 1 fact straight here. Every single post I made about Jimmer in this is clearly an opinion and ONLY and opinion. There is zero fact behind it. Thought that was understood.

Your second paragraph I assume is about him being uncoachable? At best that’s a rumor. Either way - I said at least twice - that I won’t argue it true or false.

You're right -- I acknowledge that it is completely anecdotal. But you stated earlier that there was "no reason" for him not to be in the NBA, I just pointed out that there might actually be reasons for why he isn't.

Otto in the Grotto posted some info about this subject in another thread -- perhaps he'll chime in. Counterproductive to go back and forth. To be perfectly honest, I don't have anything against Jimmer--quite the contrary, as a NYS player--I just see him as fairly limited. He obviously can shoot, the question is whether he can get shots off against NBA caliber competition and contribute in other ways, and I think his dimiinshing NBA stats over time bear out my skepticism.

LGO.

Last edited:
You're right -- I acknowledge that it is completely anecdotal. But you stated earlier that there was "no reason" for him not to be in the NBA, I just pointed out that there might actually be reasons for why he isn't.

Otto in the Grotto posted some info about this subject in another thread -- perhaps he'll chime in. Counterproductive to go back and forth. To be perfectly honest, I don't have anything against Jimmer--quite the contrary, as a NYS player--I just see him as fairly limited. He obviously can shoot, the question is whether he can get shots off against NBA caliber competition and contribute in other ways, and I think his dimiinshing NBA stats over time bear out my skepticism.

LGO.

Now we’re on the same page bro. LGO

Love how a thread turns into a two oerson debate over something that is barely connected to the intent of the thread... ugh

First of all, you started by saying he would be a 6th man and then pivoted to comparing him to NBA 12th men, which essentially straw mans my argument. But even if we say Jimmer is a 12th man, you’re just wrong. He makes $1.8 million per year in China and has 5 years NBA experience. The league minimum for a 5 year vet in the NBA is $1,757,429. Your argument is essentially that he is doing better financially in China than he would as an NBA 6th man. When his league minimum salary (which would be as an 11th or 12th man) is $43,000 less than what he makes in China, that’s obviously false.

Don’t come at me if you have no idea what you’re talking about.

He would never leave China to be the 12th man on an NBA team.

on 500+ NBA career 3's he is hitting 38% which includes a season he hit 48%!! Please don't come at me with that if you have no idea what you are talking about. There are probably 30 teams in the NBA that would take a flyer on him as a minimum bench player shooter.

“He is no worse defensively than Kyle Korver. In the same ball park as a shooter. and 10x better overall offensively than Korver.”

Got 8 less minutes per game, shot almost 6% lower in field goals, including 4.5% lower from two point range and 7% lower from three, almost 5% lower from the free throw line, same number of assists per game and assist to turnover ratio, scored at a 23% lower clip (7.6 vs 9.9 PPG), had the same number of offensive rebounds per game and was worse in LITERALLY every single defensive category. Most significantly, Kyle Korver played in 1,100+ NBA games over 14 seasons while Jimmer has played in 61 over 5 seasons. Korver is making $7,500,000+ this year while Jimmer isn’t making a third of that. Don’t come at me if you have no idea what you’re talking about.

In either case, given the average salary of NBA 6th men and the huge disparity between non league minimum players and what guys make in China, it’s obvious that Jimmer could and would be in the NBA if they want him. If they don’t, that’s the only reason he will be in China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom