Not so fast, my friend | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not so fast, my friend

Let's take a look at some of the guys that went in front of Antoine Walker too. Allen Iverson went #1, Marcus Camby #2, Stephon Marbury #4, and Ray Allen #5. Two of those guys are destined for the Hall of Fame. Is there anyone in college right now that would've held a candle to what those guys were considered back then? Let's keep in mind too that as good as Davis is, he's not the first freshmen to lead the NCAA in blocked shots. Alonzo Mourning did it in 88-89 averaging 4.97 per while playing against upper classmen like Derrick Coleman and Cliff Robinson.

John McClane is not someone I want to be. There are many more fictional personalities way cooler than John McClane. He would be killed immediately if James Bond was out for him.

Or if Jim Brown was out for him

Or if Jim Brown was out for him

rm-15-fireball.jpg

Sure Kentucky has gotten somewhat lucky in their draw based on opponents injuries and other teams getting knocked out...but how is that their fault? It's not like they ducked those teams. As far as the teams with a good chance of beating them being on the other side of the bracket...well that is the advantage you get when you are the number one overall seed.

Did you guys watch that Indiana game? Indiana, I dare say, would have knocked almost any other team out of the tournament with the game they played vs kentucky and kentucky still rolled them.

this kentucky team is very, very good...maybe not as deep as college glory teams of the past, but their starting five can hang with any team of any era

8 out of a 10 man rotation.

The current UK team has 7 future NBA players out of an 8 man rotation.

And I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that Davis and Gilchrist both have better careers than any of those 96 players. Jones and Teague may also.

Davis sure, although I think he's gonna take a decent amount of time before he's all-star caliber. However, MKG looks like he'll just be a solid NBA player, nothing special, but just a nice, solid starter. Jones doesn't wow me at all. Disappears all the time and just seems like one of those guys that will have a hard time finding his place in the NBA. Teague hasn't even played well in college, so while he has a world of potential, that's all it is: potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom