not sure whats on cj's mind | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

not sure whats on cj's mind

CJ is also losing his best friend MCW and Triche and Southerland are also leaving. The makeup of the team is going to be intirely different. He has a lot to think about.
Are you implying he'd leave college early because his best friend wasn't on the team anymore?

espn already screwed us with bernie, Fab sat out when we were the best team in the nation, we lost ao when we were tied for the best team in the nation derailing our team.
enough damage is done already.

Does mike waters being from unc affect his opinion of us?
meanwhile kentucky can't keep a freaking basketball player a ttheir school for more then 2 freaking years. what a joke. Howbout a ban for 5 percent of their players graduating?

Can syracuse please pay some teachers to teach some idiot proof high school level college courses?
They are going to pull in a few million now because of cuse basketball and football they owe it to us the fans.

Bonjour! French model, lol
image.jpg

Nice fanny pack.

View attachment 3254
Nice fanny pack.
LMAO!
When we backpacked in Europe, one of my boys had a fanny pack.
Btw, he's 6'4 and a big dude, but that didn't stop us from ripping him up good, taunting Fannie Mae, Fannie Mae all day long.
Poor guy, but he took it well, just a gold ole fashion teasing.

LMAO!
When we backpacked in Europe, one of my boys had a fanny pack.
Btw, he's 6'4 and a big dude, but that didn't stop us from ripping him up good, taunting Fannie Mae, Fannie Mae all day long.
Poor guy, but he took it well, just a gold ole fashion teasing.

I hope you're right Dasher, but I'm hearing lost games, missed tournament, and sanctions as well as probation and we want it to start next year so we're off the tournament ban for McCullough.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

so lost games, missed tournament, probation and SANCTIONS? OMG SANCTIONS TOO!! please no. i can handle the games, probation... probably can't handle the missed tournament, but defininately can't handle the SANCTIONS!!! ahhhhh

where does mike waters comment on this?
I think it was in a Q&A session shortly after the NCAA investigation came up at the start of the NCAA tournament. Said his take was that SU was in for a bumpy ride.

I'm hearing death penalty, Carrier Dome implosion and Otto the Orange public decapitation.

You are forgetting a few things; any Syracuse player who earned money playing basketball professionally has to pay that money back to the NCAA and any student who was in an SU course with a basketball player has to go back to SU to earn their degree, because those credits are no longer valid.

espn already screwed us with bernie, Fab sat out when we were the best team in the nation, we lost ao when we were tied for the best team in the nation derailing our team.
enough damage is done already.

Does mike waters being from unc affect his opinion of us?
meanwhile kentucky can't keep a freaking basketball player a ttheir school for more then 2 freaking years. what a joke. Howbout a ban for 5 percent of their players graduating?

Can syracuse please pay some teachers to teach some idiot proof high school level college courses?
They are going to pull in a few million now because of cuse basketball and football they owe it to us the fans.
Mike waters has said no such thing. Mike has no idea what is going to happen. You can't make the truth a lie. Or a lie the truth. The NCAA has failed drug tesats that we self reported. If there are sanctions, they won't be much. Maybe a lost ship.

Right. Wallace's draft status only improved marginally.
He was projected 17 or 18 is a junior in 1 17 or 18 is a senior. He lost millions because he lost a year in the NBA plus the opportunity to invest his first year contract.

He was projected 17 or 18 is a junior in 1 17 or 18 is a senior. He lost millions because he lost a year in the NBA plus the opportunity to invest his first year contract.

Wallace stayed in the NBA the same amount of time whether he stayed his sr year or went as a jr. If he came out as a jr., he would have lasted 7 years. He came out as a sr and stayed 7 years.

How could you possibly know that? Maybe he was "projected" late teens as a junior, but he was "projected" a lottery pick as a senior. He fell hard because scouts noticed he didn't play defense. That wouldn't have changed if he skipped his senior year. Odds are good that he may not have even been picked in the first round in 1995.

the wallace example is probably the worst that could be used as to why a player should leave early. move on from that one as there are better examples out there. additionally, i dont by the hurt your career length argument. you can drop draft spots or drop out of the draft completely, but i dont see leaving early as expanding your nba worklife expectancy unless you are a career long starter, in which case the missed out money of 1 year probably isn't hugely impactful on your overall wealth. the nba will figure you out quickly if you can't cut it.

Sadly - likely NCAA sanctions are probably what's got him considering this so hard.
You mean like the sanctions that UConn and UNC got. Virtually nothing for major infractions...far worse than whatever they uncover on us.

And on the other hand, he didn't lose millions because his experience his senior year taught him what it was like to be the primary scoring option on a team. He also improved his 3 point shooting and became much better prepared to get that second contract after the Knicks shipped him out to Toronto.

It didn't help John Wallace to stay. He did get to experience 1996 of course, but lost out from a draft perspective.
Wallace was advised to come back, and his improved shooting and ball handling certainly helped his draft status.