Not that it concerns SU, but. . . | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not that it concerns SU, but. . .

will the Big East re-name itself? Obviously, Boise and San Diego are hardly in the East (although, neither are Louisville, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, DePaul, etc).

I heard a good one about the remnants of the Western left-behinds: The merger of the MWC and Conference-USA should be called Conference-What.

I just read an article about the new conference and the author called it a "Frankenstein" of a conference.

"Frankenstein" was constructed of all those mis-matched parts sewn together with an "abnormal" brain (not located in Rhode Island).

The Frankenstein athletic conference could have a whole bunch of wonderful graphics already available.

will the Big East re-name itself? Obviously, Boise and San Diego are hardly in the East (although, neither are Louisville, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, DePaul, etc).

I heard a good one about the remnants of the Western left-behinds: The merger of the MWC and Conference-USA should be called Conference-What.

If you are in California, Cincinnati is in the East. Or Back East. You do realize that East and West in this country is usually defined by the Mississippi River?

You also realize that most ACC schools, including our own Orange, are pretty far from the Atlantic Coast. Really 10/14 of the league is at least 100 miles from the Ocean.

You know, for arguments sake. Oh, and Arizona does not border the Pacific. Even the SEC now has two teams that no one would consider in the Southeast.

Really the only conference with a technically correct geographical name is C-USA.

The Big East said yesterday that they wouldn't change because of brand recognition.

The Big East brand is dead. It has been beaten up and abused in the national spotlight and in the public eye so badly. The fact he doesn't understand that doesn't shock me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom