Not to be a negative Nancy... | Syracusefan.com

Not to be a negative Nancy...

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
But how the hell does Rutgers, who is in a dying conference and whose coach has bailed on them, so utterly destroy us?

We, on the other hand, are en route to a big time league and finish 7th in the Conference?

I am trying to find the internal optimism that many of you seem to have here, but I can't quite get myself there. Something just does not compute for me. I know I am going to be ripped for this, and I am not bashing the coaching staff, I get they fought hard and had some victories...but it's just bewildering to me that these rankings are what they are.

But how the hell does Rutgers, who is in a dying conference and whose coach has bailed on them, so utterly destroy us?

We, on the other hand, are en route to a big time league and finish 7th in the Conference?

I am trying to find the internal optimism that many of you seem to have here, but I can't quite get myself there. Something just does not compute for me. I know I am going to be ripped for this, and I am not bashing the coaching staff, I get they fought hard and had some victories...but it's just bewildering to me that these rankings are what they are.

How did they rip us? I don't get it. They weren't that far ahead if I was looking at scout, rivals had them ahead? Don't get to worked up we are 2-1 versus Rutgers since Marrone showed up and gave them the win this year, that is all that matters. Why do people get so worked up about this? geeze.

Games are won on the field and we should be 3-0 versus them

How did they rip us? I don't get it. They weren't that far ahead if I was looking at scout, rivals had them ahead? Don't get to worked up we are 2-1 versus Rutgers since Marrone showed up and gave them the win this year, that is all that matters. Why do people get so worked up about this?
+1

I'm concerned that recruiting hasn't picked up more as well this year and last year. Marrone has definitely made some improvements, but I was expecting him to reel in some bigger talents. The guys we have in this year's class all seem solid. But solid doesn't win championships. Looking forward to seeing things improve next year, otherwise...we will be in trouble in the ACC.

I'm concerned that recruiting hasn't picked up more as well this year and last year. Marrone has definitely made some improvements, but I was expecting him to reel in some bigger talents. The guys we have in this year's class all seem solid. But solid doesn't win championships. Looking forward to seeing things improve next year, otherwise...we will be in trouble in the ACC.

You're making that assumption based on your extensive scouting and film study of each team's recruits?

Year 11 vs year 4.

Relationships with recruits are built up over the course of years, and obviously with coaches, too. We announced the ACC move only months ago. It's going to take some time. A few people have suggested that the 2013 recruits we're already involved with are impressive. We'll see how we do. Everyone wants to see a big leap.

As for Rutgers, I can't stand the amount of play they get on our board. That said, think about the relationships Schiano built with those Jersey recruits and their coaches. Hopefully we can make inroads with him gone and our move to the ACC.

I think people vastly underrate Schiano's ability to sell what most of us believe is a pile of steaming s--- in Jersey. Questioning the guys ability to coach is one thing. Calling him a dirty, underhanded, slimy is fine. But the guy knew how to get talented 18-year-olds to somehow buy into his house of cards. And that's not by accident -- that comes from tireless effort, pretty good organization, laying groundwork with the right people.

Marrone may get there, but it will take time, facilities and, frankly, a bunch of wins. For now, just try to take solace in the fact that RU has appeared to cash out at the table for the time being with our boy Coach Flood.

What would anyone want to be a nancy ?

are you a little troll looking woman by chance?

do you have a urge to make the world PC?

You're making that assumption based on your extensive scouting and film study of each team's recruits?
It doesn't take extensive scouting and study to know that Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida State and Clemson are getting better classes than we are.

It doesn't take extensive scouting and study to know that Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida State and Clemson are getting better classes than we are.

They had an interview with the Clemson recruiting co-ordinator in the paper this morning. Clemson has signed two top ten classes in a row. The asked him why recruiting has been so good lately...first thing out of his mouth..

We have top notch facilities here at Clemson...
not winning, not weather, not coaches, etc etc...

SU is finally, after 30 years of nothing, spending money on facility upgrades...Gotta spend money to play the game these days...

SU is finally, after 30 years of nothing, spending money on facility upgrades...Gotta spend money to play the game these days...

I think you are 100% correct.

They had an interview with the Clemson recruiting co-ordinator in the paper this morning. Clemson has signed two top ten classes in a row. The asked him why recruiting has been so good lately...first thing out of his mouth..

I mainatain that it's the biggest factor in recruiting, most BCS programs have coaches that relate well to players and as long as you are winning a few games and going to bowl games on a regular basis (which we need to get too) the facilities are the biggest difference maker, they just are.

I was in Eugene when they really started building the monster, it started about 12 years ago... Yes, it's a lot of Knight's money but there are several other large donors..

This is the one that got the ball rolling... http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=30555

What do you expect them to say after their boosters shelled out all that cash to build that thing?

It must be nice because their defense decided to stay there when they went to the Orange Bowl.

You can see what the Melo Center has done for hoops. Someday I hope that we upgrade the football facilities. I too think its the biggest deterent. Hopefully with the move to the ACC more money flows in and we can the nput it back into the program and the facilities.

I'm not trying to be a pr!ick, but that's not at all what you posted. Suggesting we're not close to recruiting the talent of the above schools is conjecture but probably true. But that's far from the original post which was that you somehow feel recruiting should have "picked up" more than it has. For all we know, this class could be significantly better (or worse) than last year.

Rutgers didn't get a fan favorite name like Markus Pierce-Breewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwster...:)

I'm not trying to be a pr!ick, but that's not at all what you posted. Suggesting we're not close to recruiting the talent of the above schools is conjecture but probably true. But that's far from the original post which was that you somehow feel recruiting should have "picked up" more than it has. For all we know, this class could be significantly better (or worse) than last year.
PROBABLY? Probably true? Yeah, Mario Edwards and Eddie Goldman, they're just alright, nothing too special compared to what we got.

PROBABLY? Probably true? Yeah, Mario Edwards and Eddie Goldman, they're just alright, nothing too special compared to what we got.

My point was simply that it would stand to reason that their classes are waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better but we don't "know" that unless we've actually seen the kids play. Yes, those two are probably phenomenal and top to bottom FSU's recruits are all probably better than our best recruit. I'll grant this but I'd also take issue with anyone who, despite never seeing these kids play, has already decided they are going to be monsters.

Who or what is Rutgers ?

As the Italian guy said in the Gumball Rally "what is behind me does not matter (as he ripped the rear view mirror out of the Ferrari and threw it out the window)".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom