Not to be a negative Nancy... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not to be a negative Nancy...

Out of your minds... Some of you are. Do you not realize how far down in the barrel this program was? After a bunch of wins last year people jumped the gun and clamored for Big Easr title. They held it together and won the pinstripe bowl. After that season people prematurely raved about 2011 and that we were back. Deep down you have got to understand the reality of where the program was, is now, and the direction it is heading. If you are outside of that, you are an idiot. Rutgers (hate them as much as G'town in hoops) had their together. Shady took over recruiting in nj and our backyard. His departure almost scrambled the class. To their credit, flood held it. As far as where that will take them... Who cares??? We are leaving. But it is a focal point to understand that HCDM knows what the he'll he is talking about. We are taking back our core areas for recruiting and the ACC will move us ahead. Just takes time. Take it or leave. That's where we are at.

Rutgers (hate them as much as G'town in hoops) had their **** together. Shady took over recruiting in nj and our backyard. His departure almost scrambled the class. To their credit, flood held it. As far as where that will take them... Who cares??? We are leaving.

I agree with what you posted other than the "Who cares?" part about Rutgers. I've seen a bunch of posters express this sentiment. We should care, because regardless of what conference we and they are in, we will compete against each other for recruits, unless they just fall off the face of the earth, which I don't foresee in the next few years.

You will not see any decline in their recruiting until at least 2014 (earliest) probably 2015 and beyond if things go south. GS built a lot of relationships and held lots of camps / events for youngsters and built a generation of fans in NJ.

Out of your minds... Some of you are. Do you not realize how far down in the barrel this program was? After a bunch of wins last year people jumped the gun and clamored for Big Easr title. They held it together and won the pinstripe bowl. After that season people prematurely raved about 2011 and that we were back. Deep down you have got to understand the reality of where the program was, is now, and the direction it is heading. If you are outside of that, you are an idiot. Rutgers (hate them as much as G'town in hoops) had their **** together. Shady took over recruiting in nj and our backyard. His departure almost scrambled the class. To their credit, flood held it. As far as where that will take them... Who cares??? We are leaving. But it is a focal point to understand that HCDM knows what the he'll he is talking about. We are taking back our core areas for recruiting and the ACC will move us ahead. Just takes time. Take it or leave. That's where we are at.

You're dead on. As many have said, it has been a combination of things, none bigger than the well documented facilities issues.

You will not see any decline in their recruiting until at least 2014 (earliest) probably 2015 and beyond if things go south. GS built a lot of relationships and held lots of camps / events for youngsters and built a generation of fans in NJ.

My fear is that their talent finally takes over and they become the top team in the BE the next 2 years leading to a bid to a bigger conference and keeping them relevant and giving them more recruiting ammo.

My fear is that their talent finally takes over and they become the top team in the BE the next 2 years leading to a bid to a bigger conference and keeping them relevant and giving them more recruiting ammo.
Maybe. But they are also going to be facing major financial stress as they try and compete in a far flung all sports conference. I think ultimately that is what will bring them down.

Maybe. But they are also going to be facing major financial stress as they try and compete in a far flung all sports conference. I think ultimately that is what will bring them down.

I think if they stay in the BE long-term, they will tail off. That is my hope for them. The next 2 years are monumentally important for RU. They have to win the BE in 2012 or 2013, imho, or they will be facing major difficulties.

They could slim down their tertiary sports programs to save cash... I'm sure Chris Christie could eat a few programs whole if you asked him to...

I actually think recruiting is one of Marrone's greatest strengths as a head coach. He seems to understand the networking aspects of it all and appears very organized and planned when it comes to where to focus attention. It also appears that he has a very good eye for talent based on the players he has brought in.

My worry is his actual coaching.

I actually think recruiting is one of Marrone's greatest strengths as a head coach. He seems to understand the networking aspects of it all and appears very organized and planned when it comes to where to focus attention. It also appears that he has a very good eye for talent based on the players he has brought in.

My worry is his actual coaching.

I am worried about both...

He and his staff do seem capable on the recruits they target by and large... which is good to see.

But how are they deciding on these targets?... and what I mean... How is it we have only one LB in this class -and he's a guy who played highschool ball as a defensive end (not LB)? We all saw the huge drop in performance after Smith & Hogue left... The need is obvious... and we signed one LB dev project...

Compound that with the fact that Spruill is out and yet to be determined when he'll be back and guess what?

We needed more than 1 LB recruit and arguably at least one that might be game-ready come fall for some decent playing time...

This concerns me...

I am worried about both...

He and his staff do seem capable on the recruits they target by and large... which is good to see.

But how are they deciding on these targets?... and what I mean... How is it we have only one LB in this class -and he's a guy who played highschool ball as a defensive end (not LB)? We all saw the huge drop in performance after Smith & Hogue left... The need is obvious... and we signed one LB dev project...

This concerns me...

It wasn't for lack of trying.

You have no clue about the recruiting cycle do you? Very little happens overnight. Just because Schiano left doesn't mean that all of those connections disappeared instantly. Most of the kids that were commited ended up staying there.

Hold on there... It's being reported that they kept their recruiting class together through some big phonework by their AD, Pernetti... It's also being reported he promised recruits/HS coaches that the staff (other than Schiano) would remain largely intact - essentially squelching fears of recruits and keeping them on board.

Then, this morning, the rumblings emerge that Schiano is taking all but two of the existing coaches with him...

IF... that is the jist of what has transpired, Rutgers may have bit the hand that feeds them with a lot of these HS coaches...

Of course, a lot of this is speculation right now... but there is certainly enough chatter on the snookie-boards to indicate where's there's smoke, there's probably some fire...

Who is this Rutgers you talk about I can not find them on the schedule anymore after next year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom