Not to bum people out even more... | Syracusefan.com

Not to bum people out even more...

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
But look at the game log from likely our best team ever (2009-2010). The depth 1-7 was unbelievable. Look at the spread of leading scorers game to game. Obviously Johnson was the best overall player but what a roster.

# times:
Johnson- 12
Jackson- 5
Rautins- 4
Triche- 4
Onuaku- 3
Joseph- 2
Jardine- 2

1578436886919.png

But look at the game log from likely our best team ever (2009-2010). The depth 1-7 was unbelievable. Look at the spread of leading scorers game to game. Obviously Johnson was the best overall player but what a roster.

# times:
Johnson- 12
Jackson- 5
Rautins- 4
Triche- 4
Onuaku- 3
Joseph- 2
Jardine- 2

View attachment 175018
1578437918579.png

Yes, we all loved that team. Why would that bum us out?
Because that team was fantastic and this years team is severely lacking a whole lot?

Loved reading through those game scores and stats. That kind of fueled my Syracuse excitement rather than depressed me further. Good times. For a bit we were all on top of the world that season...

I don't know about that. Maybe '12 but that '10 squad was great. National champ in my opinion if well, you know

Well, I’d also consider the 88-89 team that finished 30-8 and lost in the Elite 8. It included Douglas, Coleman, Thompson and Owens. During the 86-91 period, SU had 5 No. 2 seeds and one No, 3 seed.

KenPom has it as our best team going back to 97. Better than 2012 or 2003.

2010 was the best team IMO.
2012 was deeper team.

1-7 on the 2010 allowed to us to play any lineup however we wanted at any time and it be elite.
AO/Jackson/Johnson/Rautins/Triche/Jardine/Joseph were special.

2012 we had more waves of players and allowed us to press and play fasted whenever we wanted.

2010 team was a fine tuned sports car that if AO doesn’t get hurt has a good chance to win it all.

We were bumped to Salt Lake because of that loss to Gtown and AO getting hurt. If that doesn’t happen we get sent to Houston and it’s a different bracket.

Well, I’d also consider the 88-89 team that finished 30-8 and lost in the Elite 8. It included Douglas, Coleman, Thompson and Owens. During the 86-91 period, SU had 5 No. 2 seeds and one No, 3 seed.
09-10 lost the last 2 games of the season and still was 1 seed in the tourney .

2012 had more riches MCW and Rak were buried but 2010 was a better team. The younger guys had reached their full abilities too of that 7 in BT and KJo.

You had duos of similar guys which made them hard to defend and one was gonna play well.

Wes or Andy were going to be hot from outside and both had size and defended well.

Arinze was the star big but Jackson was developed at that point.

Scoop or Brandon at PG.

And Joseph.

You give JB that team this year though and I would assume Rick and Brandon play under 5 minutes a game with the rest seeing 40 unless they are in foul trouble or ice cold etc etc.

That team (88-89) and 2009-10 are def in the top 5 all time best.

Melo or Wes? - Melo
Rautins or Duany? Rautins
GMac or Triche? Gmac
Edelin or Scoop? Edelin
Warrick or Jackson? Warrick
AO or Forth/McNeil? AO
Pace or Joseph? Joseph

4-3 in favor of 2003 over 2010

Both teams had everything. Perfect rotations and very balanced team.

That team (88-89) and 2009-10 are def in the top 5 all time best.

88-89...smh. So loaded.

Coleman, Owens, and Douglas all have strong arguments as being top 5 players in SU history. Coleman is a lock.

Stevie Thompson and Dave Johnson have arguments for top 20-25 or so. Just loaded with talent and athleticism. What a fun squad to watch play.

Melo or Wes? - Melo
Rautins or Duany? Rautins
GMac or Triche? Gmac
Edelin or Scoop? Edelin
Warrick or Jackson? Warrick
AO or Forth/McNeil? AO
Pace or Joseph? Joseph

4-3 in favor of 2003 over 2010

Both teams had everything. Perfect rotations and very balanced team.
See I have it
Melo
Rautins
Triche
Scoop
Warrick
AO
Pace

4-3 2010.

A good team, but it was far from our best team ever.

I think it was... relative to the rest of the nation. 2010 was a different time than 1990.

I think it was... relative to the rest of the nation. 2010 was a different time than 1990.

Yeah. In terms of pure talent, our 86-91 era would take up most of the top spots in SU history. But everybody was more loaded in that era. Pearl, Coleman, Owens would’ve been one and done a decade later. Seikaly and Douglas would’ve never seen their senior year either.

The talent of the 1989 team was best collection of talent IMO.
Too bad that team couldn’t beat Illinois.
Who was playing hurt in that NCAAT?
One of the bigs was I think.
1989 team was loaded.

The talent of the 1989 team was best collection of talent IMO.
Too bad that team couldn’t beat Illinois.
Who was playing hurt in that NCAAT?
One of the bigs was I think.
1989 team was loaded.

Was that the year Coleman had the back issue? Or was that 90?

Illinois had a great team too. Gill and Anderson were studs.

GMac was a Freshman as well.
I prefer Triche driving ability.
GMac was perfect with Melo being the lead dog in 2003.

Triche also had a lot of the pressure taken off him by a senior Rautins.

Triche was solid and played his role well on that team...but it was a smaller role than the one GMac played in 03. GMac was very dynamic with that ability to catch fire at any time from anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom