Not To Get All Sappy... (Tailgate) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not To Get All Sappy... (Tailgate)

That was an impressive tailgate. Food was excellent and there was no shortage of it. Great job by Jeremy, Cuseregular and Mark, as well as everyone else who helped.

They need to add some more bathroom options to that lot.

One last bonus was it forced us to enter the Dome from Gate B. No line, got right in. A far cry from the chaos in the other end zone.
Shhhh our little secret about Gates

I worked with OttoMets about 6-7 years ago to recommend to the school to create accessible bathrooms on the backside of the new law school during the design phase. Apparently the law school dean didn't want Tailgate Scum in her building.

We had a blast seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The food was epic, the drinks were plentiful. Can't wait to see you all again.

On the last flight to Fairbanks, land at 2:30am. Have a meeting at 9am. First class for this leg, which crushes any chances of landing sober.

swung by a bar on my way to my connecting gate in Seattle, had about 15 mins. Ordered a jack and coke. Bartender said "Boeheim would order a double" Me too buddy, pour it up.

The hangover gone, I'm caught up on sleep and I think I've got work under control. Figured I'd make a quick post.

Man, people ask my why I keep doing these trips and this weekend is a great example why. I'm really not sure what I've done to deserve all the mad love I get on these trips, but even without the all the interviews, you all make me feel like a million bucks whenever I get to hang out. It really means a lot and is something I look forward to and think back on almost every day. I end up on a decent amount of Alaskan and non Alaskan adventures throughout the year, but at the end of each year my favorite memories are the times I traveled to games and hung out with my Cuse family.

Finally met Jarheadjim and llandz!! Both at Scholars and Champs. llandz and I had time for a quick chat and a photo. Jim and I on the other hand ran across the street, drug his beautiful wife out of a clothing store and tracked down the nearest bar.

Spent some time barhopping with tptcuse, always a pleasure.

I don't remember much about Saturday, thankfully. We started out at a pre-pregame party at a friends house in Syracuse. This is the couple that I met in the bahamas and we've been traveling together ever since. Mimosas and screwdrivers started at 10am. Had 5 people with me, my awesome girlfriend, little brother, and 3 cats from my fantasy football league. We started out at the sheraton where I got to do a quick radio interview with Eric Dungey. Strolled through the quad, but nothing had started yet so we headed straight for the fine lot.

Can't say enough about the tailgate that you folks put on. Best on campus, hands down (disclaimer, I've only ever tailgated in the fine lot haha).

Met pacuse and pacusewife! Stevenson, joecollege I believe. bumped into stevenson, consigliere, bees, tomcat, oh man, I can't remember everyone. My whole crew had a blast, food was amazing, beer was plentiful. Can't beat it.

Loved seeing the dome full and loud when we walked in.

Big ups to JeremyL who made the spectrum interview happen. Same to Nico who reached out for cnycentral. It took all I had to remain sober enough to make those happen, and I might have been a little over the limit for the second one "when we lose we celebrate..uhh" Made me feel like a celebrity for a minute, and my friends and family loved it. Promise I wont let it go to my head.

I can't take all the credit for farthest traveler (even tho I'm a few hundred miles north lol). AlaskaSUfan has been making the trip from Anchorage for like 20 years, and I believe has hit just about every big game during that time. We did the bowl game together, just a super awesome dude.

Alright, I had more to say, but I'm heading into a meeting and I just spent my "preparation time" typing this up.

Thanks for the memories, everyone. Can't wait to make more.

E8E24108-5654-4089-BAEF-332B7252868B.jpeg

The hangover gone, I'm caught up on sleep and I think I've got work under control. Figured I'd make a quick post.

Man, people ask my why I keep doing these trips and this weekend is a great example why. I'm really not sure what I've done to deserve all the mad love I get on these trips, but even without the all the interviews, you all make me feel like a million bucks whenever I get to hang out. It really means a lot and is something I look forward to and think back on almost every day. I end up on a decent amount of Alaskan and non Alaskan adventures throughout the year, but at the end of each year my favorite memories are the times I traveled to games and hung out with my Cuse family.

Finally met Jarheadjim and llandz!! Both at Scholars and Champs. llandz and I had time for a quick chat and a photo. Jim and I on the other hand ran across the street, drug his beautiful wife out of a clothing store and tracked down the nearest bar.

I don't remember much about Saturday, thankfully. We started out at a pre-pregame party at a friends house in Syracuse. This is the couple that I met in the bahamas and we've been traveling together ever since. Mimosas and screwdrivers started at 10am. Had 5 people with me, my awesome girlfriend, little brother, and 3 cats from my fantasy football league. We started out at the sheraton where I got to do a quick radio interview with Eric Dungey. Strolled through the quad, but nothing had started yet so we headed straight for the fine lot.

Can't say enough about the tailgate that you folks put on. Best on campus, hands down (disclaimer, I've only ever tailgated in the fine lot haha).

Met pacuse and pacusewife! Stevenson, joecollege I believe. bumped into stevenson, consigliere, bees, tomcat, oh man, I can't remember everyone. My whole crew had a blast, food was amazing, beer was plentiful. Can't beat it.

Big ups to JeremyL who made the spectrum interview happen. Same to Nico who reached out for cnycentral. It took all I had to remain sober enough to make those happen, and I might have been a little over the limit for the second one "when we lose we celebrate..uhh" Made me feel like a celebrity for a minute, and my friends and family loved it. Promise I wont let it go to my head.

I can't take all the credit for farthest traveler (even tho I'm a few hundred miles north lol). AlaskaSUfan has been making the trip from Anchorage for like 20 years, and I believe has hit just about every big game during that time. We did the bowl game together, just a super awesome dude.

Alright, I had more to say, but I'm heading into a meeting and I just spent my "preparation time" typing this up.

Side note, just want to thank you for introducing me to this website Adam!

I might not get to all the experiences that you have but the ones I’ve made so far have been awesome and I can’t wait to make more!!

It was great meeting you and we had a fun time talking with you before the game at the tailgate.
Sadly our 3rd quarter pep talk/strategy session didn't get the boys the W this time lol.

Only got to say hi to a few folks this time. The throng and the noise were a little too much for my son, so we hung on the periphery and tossed a football most of the time. Next time I’ll send him up the hill with javadad, who bailed early with my sister.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom