Not too sober, but whatever... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not too sober, but whatever...

OrangeXtreme posted a great screengrab of a shot that was shown on CBS during the game of many of the Alums. We were trying to identify eveyone, maybe you can fill in the gaps?

Dff74YR.png

We had Sherm in the beige pullover next to the woman in the salmon sweater.
Behind him we had DC, then two guys we weren't able to definitively identify, the Hak and Moten
Behind them Leo
Behind him Billy Owens and two over from him Pearl.

Fill in the gaps, or correct the errors.
I'm pretty sure that is Michael Lloyd to the left of Pearl

#5 reminded me ... we got a 3 sec call!!! I was amazed! I was starting to doubt if that was even a violation anymore ...

#5 reminded me ... we got a 3 sec call!!! I was amazed! I was starting to doubt if that was even a violation anymore ...

Yup, that call was as big as the charge on Zeller in the IU game for setting the tone early.

Yup, that call was as big as the charge on Zeller in the IU game for setting the tone early.

Yep ... he was trying to push Rak off his spot and could have been called for a foul, great job by the ref on that one.

No cleaner, under any circumstances.

I was wondering about the new 'Cuse shirt I got before the UConn game. It didn't seem very lucky then. Seems a whole lot luckier now!

Amazing, Incredible weekend in DC. Drinking since about 7 pm, so I will probably forget half of what I want to post, but so be it.

1). SU turnout was great. Once again we owned the Verizon Center. What a perfect place to solidify our trip to the Final Four. Not a Georgetown fan in sight.

2) One of the coolest things about the game was that Sean McDonough was there on his own nickel. As a fan. Nothing to do with his day job. Just there as a fan. He even did the pre-game scene at Clyde's. I suspect Mike Tirico will also be in Atlanta (as he was in New Orleans in 2003.

3). The turnout of former players was extraordinary. Don't know what they showed on tv, but among those I saw were Derrick Coleman, Billy Owens, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten, Sherm Douglas, Pearl Washington and
Carl Vernick. I am sure there were others.

4). Once we took the lead at 4-3, I don't think we ever trailed. Oddly, at the under-16 timeout on Thursday, he score was 4-3. At the under-16 timeout today, the score was 4-3. A beautiful symmetry there.

5) Until proven differently, I will say we have the best D in the country. These two games were just amazing. A tenacious hard-nosed (thank you Scott Shafer) defense that never gives up. It was so much fun to watch. In both games, the refs seemed blind to all the traveling violations caused by our D. Before the start of the next game, maybe JB should tell the refs to look for traveling violations.

6) It was good to see so many old friends from syracusefan.com there...and to meet so many new friends. A special thank-you to Sutomcat for buying us all so much food and drink at Clyde's --even though he himself drinks only ginger ale. For those who don't know tomcat, he is a treasure of a human being (and a treasure of a SU fan)

7). Now I can admit I bought my airline tix to Atlanta last Sunday night. (I really was that confident). Now my major question is: Do I take this sweater to the cleaners on Monday morning -- or do I wear it to games five and six without cleaning it? Most folks here said "no cleaner." Decisions, decisions.

8) On to Atlanta!!

I bought two shirts when I went to SU for the first GTown game. Wore the same one for both GTown games and the Louisville BET game. Wore the other for GTown III and every game of the tournament. Will be wearing it in Atlanta on Saturday.

Howard Triche is sitting next to Lawrence Moten I think

I'm going to go contrary to the crowd. I say clean it if it needs cleaning. My Marathon Men shirt has been washed. The Mojo isn't in the dirt and grime (or in the booze-soaked remnants of DC celebration spills). It's in the heart of the wearer.

I could have sworn I saw a Hoya shirt in the first or second row behind the Eagles bench.

Amazing weekend. Noone has better fans or a better D than us! Just finished Easter dinner and getting ready to see who we play next. MCW's Grandmother and Aunt were on my flight to Boston this morning and they were so nice and were so proud of him it was great talking to them and was a really nice way to end a great trip.

Great meeting you CTO and thanks again for the much needed cheeseburger at 2am!!!

Amazing, Incredible weekend in DC. Drinking since about 7 pm, so I will probably forget half of what I want to post, but so be it.

7). Now I can admit I bought my airline tix to Atlanta last Sunday night. (I really was that confident). Now my major question is: Do I take this sweater to the cleaners on Monday morning -- or do I wear it to games five and six without cleaning it? Most folks here said "no cleaner." Decisions, decisions.

Must. Not. Clean.

Will try to see you and many others in the ATL.

GO ORANGE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom