Note to everyone regarding UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Note to everyone regarding UNC

I think people are reacting to that only 2 ACC teams are currently ranked...Cuse and Duke. But in the end I think it will still be 6 bid conference which isn't too shabby:

High Seed Locks: Cuse, Duke
Likely: Pitt, UNC
Have a good shot: ND, UVA
Some chance: FSU, NC State
You're probably right, but I have a sneaking suspicion the ACC is a 5 bid league this year. A lot of the bubble teams are going to beat each other up, to their detriment.

I think people are reacting to that only 2 ACC teams are currently ranked...Cuse and Duke. But in the end I think it will still be 6 bid conference which isn't too shabby:

I agree with you. I think all three Big East adds this year will be going to the Dance.

Yeah, 5.5 is my unofficial over/under. With 15 teams, I'd surmise mathematically impossible for a 5th/6th place team not to be at least 10-8 in conference.

UNC is loaded with talent but they are a terrible team vs a zone and they cannot shoot other than Paige who is streaky. They can run and gun vs M2M pretty well but I watched that Miami game and they were inept at best. How much zone did Louisville give them? We just have to rebound. Their best offense could be offensive putbacks. That Tokoto guy looks like he could hurt us potentially slashing and hitting mid-range stuff but honestly I don't know their team very well this season. The rebounding issue just makes sense though.

One thing to note. I am not saying UNC is going to win a National Title this year, BUT...

Roy has only been 0-2 3 times. 2 of those times, he won the National Title.

Carolina currently has the most impressive resume in the country, knocking off #1 Michigan State, #3 Louisville, and #9 Kentucky (Preseason NC)
It depends on who plays from the bipolar Tar Heels. Jeckyl, or Hyde?

Strength of conference is important and we had a nice thing going with the Big East basketball-wise, but what about Kentucky and the SEC? It hasn't seemed to hurt their national perception ..at least pre-season perceptions.

The ACC will be back and stronger than ever eventually.

you talkin' bout kentucky. they could play in the northern atheltic conference of new york high schools and not suffer

True...the point I'm making is we win and we really don't have to worry all that much about how people look at the overall strength of the ACC.

If we come into the conference and kick butt for 2 or 3 years the respect level for the program will increase. It's gone up imo for the past 4-5 years. I doubt that the ACC is going to hurt us.

Haven't we ever been in similar situations and fallen apart in the past? Even though the conference looks like a joke, plenty of good teams have fallen apart in the past, including us. That's not even considering an injury to one or more players. If Tyler Ennis gets hurt and we do become a bubble team, and the ACC also ends up being as bad as plenty of folks project, I can see where the OP would have a good point. It's a long season and there are too many variables. I dont think this game or 15-3 is something we can just sit back and dial it in quite yet. That said we could run the table. Anything is possible, but it seems like a lot of us have short memories when it comes to these kind of projections.

And as teknoge3k said, Roy has been 0-2 3 times and won national titles 2 of those 3 times. All of this dialing it in makes things less exciting, but I would love to hammer UNC regardless of their record. It's just more fulfilling when they arent mediocre or below, kind of like fornication, unless you're purely a numbers person.

[QUOTE
][/QUOTE]

Thanks! Agree. Not sure if I would leave Miami out though . They maybe a better team than most think.

Guess I should learn how to Quote. Sorry

No need to apologize. The Captain would like to welcome you aboard. So what's your story about being inept? Does it go beyond just the quoting? You seem to know what you're talking about.

Thank you for the welcome. Plan on giving some history on my profile, try to get it done today, at work now.

I keep seeing similar statements on here. My humble opinion is I don't give a damn if NC and/or the ACC suck. It's obviously a down year for the conference so far but it's much better then the alternative which is trading places with UCONN. Just take care of business and everything will work out fine.

If the teams in the ACC suck it just means our team will be healthy and ready for the tournament.

One thing to note. I am not saying UNC is going to win a National Title this year, BUT...

Roy has only been 0-2 3 times. 2 of those times, he won the National Title.

Carolina currently has the most impressive resume in the country, knocking off #1 Michigan State, #3 Louisville, and #9 Kentucky (Preseason NC)
It depends on who plays from the bipolar Tar Heels. Jeckyl, or Hyde?
wins? maybe. resume? no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom