Notre Dame about to lose 6th straight game since beating Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame about to lose 6th straight game since beating Cuse

could easily have losses to gtown, buff, and maryland too.

wake and notre dame games are tough to think about, but we're in such a better position than last year. hard for me to complain.

Last edited:
could easily have losses to gtown and maryland too.

wake and notre dame games are tough to think about, but we're in such a better position than last year. hard for me to complain.
don't forget FLA ST and double overtime!!! Woulda, shoulda, coulda.....

could easily have losses to gtown and maryland too.

Right!...although the G-town game was never in doubt.
The Orange had to let them get up by 13...just to twist the knife and make the loss that much more painful.

But even though SU could've won the ND game...they didn't deserve it.
They were awful and ND didn't even have its two best players.

When the opposing team sees that Syracuse jersey, they play for all their worth. That is not an exaggeration or a conspiracy theory.

Yes it is

it's a bad loss - the win wouldn't have really mattered much as beating a bad team at home doesn't really move the needle. Losing to them at home. Not good.

But, but I'm confused. JB said in his presser afterwards that ND was still a very good team regardless of those two being out. I'm also concurrently confused as Townie attests that JB speaks "truth" and if one doubt's what he says, then we're all implying that JB is lying. ;):)

One of the worst losses we have ever had. Not exaggerating.

Based on the circumstances and the fact that ND shot 14% in the first half your statement is not Hyperbole. SU scored more pts in the first half against BC last week then they did the entire ND game, they scored under 20 pts in the second half of that game. An ineptitude level that I have never seen from a JB team, absolutely one of the worst losses of all time.

I don’t think ND is as bad as their record; they got beat badly last night but they’ve lost a lot of close games recently too. I think they still end up close to .500 on conference.

That said, we should’ve beaten them by 15 at home

Based on the circumstances and the fact that ND shot 14% in the first half your statement is not Hyperbole. SU scored more pts in the first half against BC last week then they did the entire ND game, they scored under 20 pts in the second half of that game. An ineptitude level that I have never seen from a JB team, absolutely one of the worst losses of all time.

It's definitely not hyperbole. That was one of the worst losses we have ever had with everything taken in account.

When we miss the tourney, it's likely going to be those two bad losses that hurt us most. The ND loss is as disappointing a loss as we've had in some time. That group was horrific, and we played right down to them.

the wake game isnt a big deal to me. we played ok, wake hit some shots down the stretch, and battle was just god awful the last couple minutes. it happens, especially on the road. and wake was up 4 late at north carolina right before they played us.

the notre dame game will go down as the worst loss of the year, and may keep us out of the tourny if we're a bubble team. awful awful awful awful awful inexscusable garbage loss. we need to make up for that game by winning a road game we're not supposed to win.

When the opposing team sees that Syracuse jersey, they play for all their worth. That is not an exaggeration or a conspiracy theory.

You can argue that for say a St.John's, Georgetown or UConn who were all left behind by Syracuse.

But Notre Dame or Wake Forest have no reason to get up more for us than any other ACC team.

You can argue that for say a St.John's, Georgetown or UConn who were all left behind by Syracuse.

But Notre Dame or Wake Forest have no reason to get up more for us than any other ACC team.
In their mind, and rightly so, Syracuse is a big pelt to take.

In their mind, and rightly so, Syracuse is a big pelt to take.

Less than Duke & UNC.

And certainly no more than Miami, Florida St, Louisville, Notre Dame (from Wake's perspective), Virginia, Clemson.

Syracuse is just a typical ACC opponent.

Less than Duke & UNC.

And certainly no more than Miami, Florida St, Louisville, Notre Dame (from Wake's perspective), Virginia, Clemson.

Syracuse is just a typical ACC opponent.
Only a Syracuse fan would think that.

Only a Syracuse fan would think that.

Actually, I would think that almost the only ones that would agree with you are those SU fans that have a very, very positive picture of where SU fits in the college basketball hierarchy.

I'v been surprised lately by the number of people on here that seem to feel that we will have no problem attracting the very best candidates to replace JB when he leaves becasue, "We are Syracuse".

I agree with JNCuse. We are just another ACC team on ND's schedule.

Now to schools that are traditional opponents where there is some history (Georgetown, UConn, St Johns), the SU game is a bigger game than usual. And to teams that play in SU's shadow (St. Bona, Albany, Colgate, Cornell, etc) the game has an inflated value.

But to ND? I don't think so. Billy Owens and Carmelo are not suiting up.