Notre Dame about to lose 6th straight game since beating Cuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame about to lose 6th straight game since beating Cuse

Actually, I would think that almost the only ones that would agree with you are those SU fans that have a very, very positive picture of where SU fits in the college basketball hierarchy.

I'v been surprised lately by the number of people on here that seem to feel that we will have no problem attracting the very best candidates to replace JB when he leaves becasue, "We are Syracuse".

I agree with JNCuse. We are just another ACC team on ND's schedule.

Now to schools that are traditional opponents where there is some history (Georgetown, UConn, St Johns), the SU game is a bigger game than usual. And to teams that play in SU's shadow (St. Bona, Albany, Colgate, Cornell, etc) the game has an inflated value.

But to ND? I don't think so. Billy Owens and Carmelo are not suiting up.
You linked 2 things which are unrelated: The ability for Syracuse to land a big time coach to succeed Jim and perception and desire of other teams to get a W against the legendary coach. Who can forget Digger Phelps dancing around the Dome a few tears back.

Actually, I would think that almost the only ones that would agree with you are those SU fans that have a very, very positive picture of where SU fits in the college basketball hierarchy.

I'v been surprised lately by the number of people on here that seem to feel that we will have no problem attracting the very best candidates to replace JB when he leaves becasue, "We are Syracuse".

I agree with JNCuse. We are just another ACC team on ND's schedule.

Now to schools that are traditional opponents where there is some history (Georgetown, UConn, St Johns), the SU game is a bigger game than usual. And to teams that play in SU's shadow (St. Bona, Albany, Colgate, Cornell, etc) the game has an inflated value.

But to ND? I don't think so. Billy Owens and Carmelo are not suiting up.
Yeah, but to mike brey it’s huge.

and i continue to be amazed that after 50 years fans don't think we can find somebody younger who actually does a better job.

and i continue to be amazed that after 50 years fans don't think we can find somebody younger who actually does a better job.
Nope.

Cuse never will.

It’s very unfortunate we lost that game, considering their loss of Colson and Farrell. Nothing more to say, really. Florida State was also a huge missed opportunity. We’ll have to make up for those somewhere down the line with a big upset or two.

Pretty simple.

We look out there and see school's struggling to attract the "best" candidates aftre long-term coaches retire or leave of get fired. And then see how many of these "hot coaching properties" fail to live up to expectations.

Georgetown tried but had to settle for an alum with no college coaching and no head coaching experience. And they had to lobby hard to get him to take the job.

And we say, "What is it that makes us think SU is going to solve this riddle better than these schools have?"

Except for very few of these guys, its a huge gamble. Especially given SU's historic unwillingness to touch anyone with the slightest hint of impropriety attached to him. Do you think SU would have hired Bob Huggins?

It’s very unfortunate we lost that game, considering their loss of Colson and Farrell. Nothing more to say, really. Florida State was also a huge missed opportunity. We’ll have to make up for those somewhere down the line with a big upset or two.
Right!! The one thing missing on the team's resume right now is a victory over a highly ranked team. Let's assume we beat GT, Wake, BC, and NC State. We then have 8 victories in the ACC but none of the 19 victories will be over a ranked team. We need that big victory over Virginia, Louisville, NC, Miami, Duke or Clemson to get us into the tournament. Maybe 2. A victory or even 2 in the ACC tournament would also help immensely. Almost a home game for us.

Right!! The one thing missing on the team's resume right now is a victory over a highly ranked team. Let's assume we beat GT, Wake, BC, and NC State. We then have 8 victories in the ACC but none of the 19 victories will be over a ranked team. We need that big victory over Virginia, Louisville, NC, Miami, Duke or Clemson to get us into the tournament. Maybe 2. A victory or even 2 in the ACC tournament would also help immensely. Almost a home game for us.
I was just driving home and thinking that if we beat Virginia on Saturday that our team will be in a great position going forward. Of course there are some other games that are "must" wins but like you said, we need that big one. And preferably, sooner than later.

What a wasted opportunity that was for us. Wake has lost seven straight since beating us. Can we can a replay on those two please!!!
It is not a good thing. SU has lost to the teams in the ACC bottom barrel and not playing any good team yet.

If you cannot beat Wake Forest and the depleted Notre Dame, how could you beat Duke, Virginia and UNC?

It is not a good thing. SU has lost to the teams in the ACC bottom barrel and not playing any good team yet.

If you cannot beat Wake Forest and the depleted Notre Dame, how could you beat Duke, Virginia and UNC?
by outscoring them

What a wasted opportunity that was for us. Wake has lost seven straight since beating us. Can we can a replay on those two please!!!

so not surprised by those results

63594749.jpg