Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

that wasnt bad call if you watch the freeze frame.. the other SU kid was closer than rice to the ball

we played just awful.plain awful. sloppy, no ground balls, turnovers and their goalie played great . we beat them by 10 next time we meet. BOOK IT!​

I played against Jack Neer in the Dome for a state championship in football. He was a sneaky dude then, and he appears to still be one. Can't believe a D middle won that game dodging behind the crease.

A loss may do us well.

But that should have been a win.

Williams was solid at the X, but I think he may have had a little difficulty adjusting to new surface and X having played most of his games at home.

This was a great test on the road. We'll be a better team because of this game.

Hell of a game. Very fun to watch the team battle back from a huge hole. It sucks we lost but this experience will help us in May.

Sloppy down the stretch and in OT. Shoulda won it.
But, we'll see them again...

Sloppy down the stretch and in OT. Shoulda won it.
But, we'll see them again...

Agreed. The loss would let sting so bad if we didn't have so many opportunities to win. That tiring goal is unforgivable. You can't give up a fast break there u just can't

JeremyCuse said:
Agreed. The loss would let sting so bad if we didn't have so many opportunities to win. That tiring goal is unforgivable. You can't give up a fast break there u just can't

We didn't play our A game and we almost won.

Williams played that game-tying faceoff wrong. He tried to win it cleanly when he should have tried to force a battle and kill time. The ND faceoff guy knew Williams was trying to get a clean rake and he outsmarted him.

Still, can't understand how we let the faceoff guy go right to the cage.

Yet as good as Williams has been - and he's been great - he failed to come up big in the biggest faceoff so far in his career.

Do you think they should guard 17 bit tighter at some point?
why did you decide to wait and post a reply after the talent level over came the coaching disparity. Does it make you feel better by waiting to post a reply?

Would you have responded if we lost by 7 goals as they were clearly a better coached team at that point I posted and I did not say they had better talent when I posted it.

why did you decide to wait and post a reply after the talent level over came the coaching disparity. Does it make you feel better by waiting to post a reply?

Would you have responded if we lost by 7 goals as they were clearly a better coached team at that point I posted and I did not say they had better talent when I posted it.

Say what?

We didn't play our A game and we almost won.

Williams played that game-tying faceoff wrong. He tried to win it cleanly when he should have tried to force a battle and kill time. The ND faceoff guy knew Williams was trying to get a clean rake and he outsmarted him.

Yet as good as Williams has been - and he's been great - he failed to come up big in the biggest faceoff so far in his career.

Great point on Williams. Right before the faceoff I thought to myself anything but letting Osello win it clean to himself in a fast break. I blame myself for not saying it out loud and jinxing it. Still an impressive comeback by the orange. Sets up a big game against Albany. Can't afford to lose two straight

Because it was Finley and not Ossello who took that faceoff.

Coming into today's game, Finley had 0 goals on 0 shots. He had to pick today to break the seal.

K
Because it was Finley and not Ossello who took that faceoff.

Coming into today's game, Finley had 0 goals on 0 shots. He had to pick today to break the seal.

Wow thought that was Osello. Man tough break. Needed Wardwell to stand on his head there

Say what?

SU got outcoached according to you, to me a great coaching staff would have made an adjustment after the fourth or fifth goal and not slide off Donahue. As for the talent level, ND has just as much talent as SU does and probably better pure athletes. Their goalie also made some great saves to give ND a nice lead, that's all coaching only too, not talent.

Does it make you feel better to regularly bash Desko and his staff? Do all the local coaches still hate him? Funny that local players keep on going to SU.

outoftownie said:
SU got outcoached according to you, to me a great coaching staff would have made an adjustment after the fourth or fifth goal and not slide off Donahue. As for the talent level, ND has just as much talent as SU does and probably better pure athletes. Their goalie also made some great saves to give ND a nice lead, that's all coaching only too, not talent. Does it make you feel better to regularly bash Desko and his staff? Do all the local coaches still hate him? Funny that local players keep on going to SU.
don't agree on a neutral field we'd be a 3 goal favorite give or take , we are better

don't agree on a neutral field we'd be a 3 goal favorite give or take , we are better

I think the guy who actually played goalie there might have a pretty good handle on the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom