Notre Dame grows ACC revenue more than $1M per school annually | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame grows ACC revenue more than $1M per school annually

I
I just hate it when people talk about the Metlife arrangement that way when I think it is a tremendous opportunity for the program. I for one will look at going to that game as a mini vacation to NYC while others complain.
If Syracuse is going to play teams home and home and play a road game and then our home game at Metlife this arrangement is BEYOND stupid and has to be called out. If we are going to play teams in a neutral field environment like we are Penn State it is a great job by Dr. Gross. I support Syracuse 100% but I call a spade a spade, the Metlife arrangement is good for the program, but not at the detriment of Syracuse's home field advantage at the Carrier Dome. I hate how people try saying anybody who speaks up about the Metlife arrangement is a local or doesn't have a point. The arrangement is good if we can get teams to play us in a true neutral environment, but too move HOME games to NYC is stupid, and not going to grow our fanbase, and when people complain that nobody goes to the Dome if you are going to continue moving games that could be played in Syracuse in NYC.

If Syracuse is going to play teams home and home and play a road game and then our home game at Metlife this arrangement is BEYOND stupid and has to be called out. If we are going to play teams in a neutral field environment like we are Penn State it is a great job by Dr. Gross. I support Syracuse 100% but I call a spade a spade, the Metlife arrangement is good for the program, but not at the detriment of Syracuse's home field advantage at the Carrier Dome. I hate how people try saying anybody who speaks up about the Metlife arrangement is a local or doesn't have a point. The arrangement is good if we can get teams to play us in a true neutral environment, but too move HOME games to NYC is stupid, and not going to grow our fanbase, and when people complain that nobody goes to the Dome if you are going to continue moving games that could be played in Syracuse in NYC.

I am a local and I think it is a great opportunity. I will happily travel to see my team play and keep my season tickets.

Nobody is ever guaranteed a true neutral environment especially when the teams we will be playing have fan/alumni bases 10x the size of ours. This game could be played anywhere in the US and they would still have more fans than us in almost any arena.

Maybe you don't recall when we played ND or Penn State in the dome the last time for each? Even in the dome, the crowds were darn near 50/50. What you are asking for as far as a crowd standpoint/advantage is impossible against the teams that we would play in Metlife.

The USC game was moved to Metlife, all the games contracted after that were not "moved".

This thread has quickly degenerated, but how do you think ND once became NYC's college football team? It was because they were willing to go on the road and face what were then good Army teams from 1923-33 in NYC with no games in South Bend and only one game in Chicago during that stretch of time.

If we truly want to be NYC's college football team then we should embrace the MetLife games vs PSU and ND and more importantly winning those games.

Cheers,
Neil
I want to play Army in a home and home dammit! Mid-October at Michie.

If Syracuse is going to play teams home and home and play a road game and then our home game at Metlife this arrangement is BEYOND stupid and has to be called out. If we are going to play teams in a neutral field environment like we are Penn State it is a great job by Dr. Gross.

It's obvious you feel passionate about this and nothing and no one is going to change your mind but...

You do realize that most considered the 3 game series with PSU as the equivalent of 2 for 1 when it was signed, right? After the scandal, things might be different, but I guarantee you that at the time of its signing, SU knew going in that as badly outnumbered in terms of ND fans vs SU fans at MetLife, the same ratio would favor PSU fans over SU fans.

The key difference is that at least we get PSU in the Dome, if that contract is ever fulfilled, since by the time that game rolls around the BiG could have a 9 game schedule with the Nits backing out of it for that reason.

From my perspective, 2 for 1 (which is what the prior ND deal was, and what the PSU series truly was for all intent and purposes when it was signed) is as bad for the image of SU football as the MetLife games/away series. At least the latter gives the illusion to the fans outside the northeast that SU considers the MetLife as a "home" game. There simply is no doubt when it's 2 for 1 which is the "small-time" team.

Cheers,
Neil

It's obvious you feel passionate about this and nothing and no one is going to change your mind but...

You do realize that most considered the 3 game series with PSU as the equivalent of 2 for 1 when it was signed, right? After the scandal, things might be different, but I guarantee you that at the time of its signing, SU knew going in that as badly outnumbered in terms of ND fans vs SU fans at MetLife, the same ratio would favor PSU fans over SU fans.

The key difference is that at least we get PSU in the Dome, if that contract is ever fulfilled, since by the time that game rolls around the BiG could have a 9 game schedule with the Nits backing out of it for that reason.

From my perspective, 2 for 1 (which is what the prior ND deal was, and what the PSU series truly was for all intent and purposes when it was signed) is as bad for the image of SU football as the MetLife games/away series. At least the latter gives the illusion to the fans outside the northeast that SU considers the MetLife as a "home" game. There simply is no doubt when it's 2 for 1 which is the "small-time" team.

Cheers,
Neil
C'mon Omni while there will be more Penn St fans it is a neutral site game it isn't a home game for Syracuse or Penn State. If the last 2 games are cancelled I am fine as well because we didn't give Penn State a home game and play our game in Metlife.

C'mon Omni while there will be more Penn St fans it is a neutral site game it isn't a home game for Syracuse or Penn State.

Anymore than Syracuse vs Penn State in basketball @ MSG is a home game for either team. ;)

There are home games and then there are "neutral games which truly are home games". You know this.

Cheers,
Neil

Anymore than Syracuse vs Penn State in basketball @ MSG is a home game for either team. ;)

There are home games and then there are "neutral games which truly are home games". You know this.

Cheers,
Neil

For the Basketball team, all games within 1500 miles of Syracuse are considered home games by the media. Just ask them.

Nunes Magician has this below, one of then funniest things I have ever see on the BBall home game subject.
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r587/theinvisibleswordsman/HomegameflowchartVersionTrois.png