Notre Dame post game | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame post game

You’re right, other things do need to happen, including him being the primary ball handler. Griffin and Buddy handled the ball far too often when he first came in, at least the first few minutes.

did you see who was handing the ball to close out the game in the last two minutes?

So Buddy should be the primary ball handler? Is that your stance? Got it.

Buddy is a combo guard. Kadary is a point guard. Buddy is a shooting guard. use the combo guard to back up the shooting guard and the point guard. he can get plenty of minutes that way, especially when Buddy is cold and Joe is hot.

Buddy is a combo guard. Kadary is a point guard. Buddy is a shooting guard. use the combo guard to back up the shooting guard and the point guard. he can get plenty of minutes that way, especially when Buddy is cold and Joe is hot.
Notre Dame wasn’t fouling to extend the game to their credit and Buddy dribbled the last few possessions out with little ball pressure.
It was smart by SU since he is a good FT shooter but we weren’t running offense those possessions.
It was dribbling the ball out.
Buddy was the offensive star of this game but he really isn’t a combo guard he is a SG who in end of game situations should get the ball when we are ahead to get fouled.

Can anybody find Brey’s post presser? I can’t find it.

edit: Found it

Nope but the team came back didn’t expect it then.

I thought that since JB went all Sloan conference on us to bash Kadary he'd at least give us some more stats when they were in KR's favor. I guess he's only interested in tearing KR down to further JB's war against the fanbase that dares question him.

Notre Dame wasn’t fouling to extend the game to their credit and Buddy dribbled the last few possessions out with little ball pressure.
It was smart by SU since he is a good FT shooter but we weren’t running offense those possessions.
It was dribbling the ball out.
Buddy was the offensive star of this game but he really isn’t a combo guard he is a SG who in end of game situations should get the ball when we are ahead to get fouled.

he mistyped that. You can see he first says buddy is a combo then says buddy is a shooting guard. I’m sure the first sentence he meant to say Joe was a combo guard.

The problem is that everyone seems what should happen WAY SOONER than Boeheim thinks it should happen.
There are many guys that Braswell ends up with DNP and there are many times when Boeheim presses too late.

It's a shame that you haven't been hired to coach some lucky program. They just haven't seen your greatness yet, but they will way soon.

It's weird, going into the match-up in the game thread I said this is how I evaluate our quest each year to see if we are making progress at becoming the "Zoned Up Notre Dame."

We are.

We are zone them. A team that might blow the socks off anyone if we shoot the lights out, but the defense is so bad that we might get our socks blown off by anyone if we don't. We saw both halves - what they can, and what we can be at our/their best/worst.

:(

We're bizarro Notre Dame!!!!

1613940785079.png

Could the difference between halves have anything to do with the press?
yes...it should be a weapon when leading too...not just a last resort.

mixing and matching defensive schemes would give opposing coaches headaches for sure.

Listen...I'm over this deal...but my last comment on this will be JBs actual words...

“That guy was hurting them so they actually are much better now without him,” Boeheim said on his weekly radio show. “He was just doing some things and keeping other people from playing that are good.”

I assume "THAT GUY", "HIM", and "HE" refer to Jalen Johnson.
So...yeah...
In the next sentence he says he's barely seen Johnson play. Which is it? He changes his story by the minute.

Condensed second half is even crazier for the turn around.

Even if his general point really was that Duke is better without the kid...so what? The problem is he couldve “Coach speaked” it up and just said something about how sometimes different combinations of kids click better than others or something. Nobody would have anything they could say or a narrative to run with if he did that.

I do believe him that he really was focused on Duke (because we’re playing them soon) when he made the statement, and not the kid.

I don't know why he tried to address it.

What he said now made no logical sense.

"I haven't seen Jalen Johnson play all year..."

But he saw 1-1/2 games without him and he could tell they (Duke) was better.

Better then what? He never saw him play, so he never saw Duke as a team WITH Johnson. So how did he know what that team looked like?

Yet he can tell they play BETTER without him?

Okay...

I don't know why he tried to address it.

What he said now made no logical sense.

"I haven't seen Jalen Johnson play all year..."

But he saw 1-1/2 games without him and he could tell they (Duke) was better.

Better then what? He never saw him play, so he never saw Duke as a team WITH Johnson. So how did he know what that team looked like?

Yet he can tell they play BETTER without him?

Okay...
Has Bilas responded? A battle of two guys who seem to have opinions on everything.

Just an FYI, Scottie Barnes, the ACC’s likely freshman of the year and a certified lottery pick, only averages less than 25
Mpg. Which is basically what Kadary has been playing recently. Earlier in January, I didn’t think Richmond was playing enough and I feared that JB would bury him on the bench in favor of Girard. But over the last several games/past 4 weeks, I’m much less concerned about this issue. JB is having KR finish most of the games, unless Girard is playing really well. I think JB could have Richmond could play a few more minutes and reduce Buddy’s minutes if he’s not shooting or playing well, but I feel like we’re trending in the right direction with Kadary v Joe at PG.

Has Bilas responded? A battle of two guys who seem to have opinions on everything.

I doubt Bilas would respond because it would be too much of a slam dunk on JB.

Regarding the initial comments by JB, you can say he shoots from the hip, being loyal to K, doesn't like it when a kid quit on a team, JB doesn't care what the media thinks and never sugar coats etc...

BUT his ND post game comments were much worse. It's not even logical.

"I watched two games...what I saw they played the best I've seen them play this year".

"I haven't seen Jalen Johnson played this year, honestly".

"My opinion, I thought they played better without him".

"Just those two games, game and a half, they were a better team than I have seen this year".

Never seen Jalen Johnson played this year, have watched Duke played 1 game and a half without him, felt strongly enough to comment about the performance of Duke with vs without him.

He should have not made any follow-up comments instead of saying even more and raising more eyebrows.

that didn’t answer the question either. But Kadary was -6. I’m sure Joe was worse and I don’t remember when buddy went out and came back in.
You had the time to do and post the number for Kadary but not Joe. I've seen this show out of you before. Selective stats. Trevor Jr..? I'll get a snide one sentence response now.

You had the time to do and post the number for Kadary but not Joe. I've seen this show out of you before. Selective stats. Trevor Jr..? I'll get a snide one sentence response now.

LOL. It took all of 3 seconds and ended up being wrong because I forgot he came out for a minute in that first half. I just knew he came in when we were down 8. Thought he played the rest of the half and we were down 14 at half. So using my mathematical brain I subtracted 8 from 14 and voila got 6. Not hard. But he was actually -10 becuase he came out for a minute. It took you longer to write that post than it did for me to post the -6 after the game. And I did say now was probably worse. Nice try.

and since you insisted I went back and checked joes +/- in that first half. I was wrong, he wasn’t worse. He was -5 to K’s -10.

LOL. It took all of 3 seconds and ended up being wrong because I forgot he came out for a minute in that first half. I just knew he came in when we were down 8. Thought he played the rest of the half and we were down 14 at half. So using my mathematical brain I subtracted 8 from 14 and voila got 6. Not hard. But he was actually -10 becuase he came out for a minute. It took you longer to write that post than it did for me to post the -6 after the game. And I did say now was probably worse. Nice try.
LMAO. You have a strong propensity to defend some of the most inefficient players this team has ever played. Trevor Cooney, Frank Howard, Oscar Brisset and now Joe instead of Kadary. So is it a bad eye for talent? Maybe you take pity on them? Or are you a contrarion and can't help yourself? Because you sure are consistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom