Notre Dame Yankee Stadium Uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Yankee Stadium Uniforms

Syracuse should wear
It's a Shamrock Series game so don't both teams wear funky one-off uniforms?

BC wore their 1984 Flutie uniforms for their Shamrock game at Fenway Park. If history is any guide, look forward to seeing the Don Mac 1987 vintages then

CT8TWx7W4AAS-Tb.png

Losers.

“Two iconic brands”

Notre Dame was relvant once this century and got embarrassed by bama, as far as i’m concerned

No offense to you but Notre Dame's golden helmet is iconic

Syracuse should wear

BC wore their 1984 Flutie uniforms for their Shamrock game at Fenway Park. If history is any guide, look forward to seeing the Don Mac 1987 vintages then

CT8TWx7W4AAS-Tb.png

But was the retro look for both teams due to the fact that BC is also a UA team? I don’t expect Nike to cooperate by going retro for a competitor’s team’s Shamrock Series.

But was the retro look for both teams due to the fact that BC is also a UA team? I don’t expect Nike to cooperate by going retro for a competitor’s team’s Shamrock Series.

Could be taken as a terrific opportunity for Nike to show that it makes better designs than:
a) the dog-poop uniforms UA gave to Notre Dame; and
b) the dog-poop uniforms Nike usually has Syracuse wear.

Great platform to show its stuff and outdo a competitor, in my opinion.

Exactly. Love TrueBlue but how they've played in the last decade or so is irrelevant. ND football is an iconic brand

Alright, I can’t argue that. I just find their fanbase insufferable and the level of undeserved hype upsetting.

Alright, I can’t argue that. I just find their fanbase insufferable and the level of undeserved hype upsetting.

Haha fair - they are my most hated school. Hope they catch a whoopin' in NYC

Could be taken as a terrific opportunity for Nike to show that it makes better designs than:
a) the dog-poop uniforms UA gave to Notre Dame; and
b) the dog-poop uniforms Nike usually has Syracuse wear.

Great platform to show its stuff and outdo a competitor, in my opinion.
Be prepared for SU in all blue unis. They don't want SU to out shine America's college football team...ie: Just like the Yankees

Be prepared for SU in all blue unis. They don't want SU to out shine America's college football team...ie: Just like the Yankees

Not sure if this is a joke or not but SU cannot wear navy tops for this game

Every ND fan i've met is always good people. I guess i'm saturated with them from work and home. Go to a game out there and you will realize they have a nice fan base. They have absurd expectations because they have like 13 titles and want one yesterday. How can you blame them?

They are the number one draw of college football and we should be honored to play them as much as we do b/c it is maximum exposure for our brand as well.

They, like the Yankees, Tiger Woods, The Celtics, and the Dallas Cowboys mean something and get eyeballs

Under Armour is so trashy, the Notre Dame look went downhill when they changed apparel providers. I agree that it's traditionally a great look.

Agree, ND doesn't wear the green jerseys enough, they are amazing and after all, they are the Irish.

That is not ND in this photo.

SU--ND played at Yankee Stadium on 11/28/63 (a week after the Kennedy Assassination). Floyd Little suited up for the Orange in 1964-65-66.

11/7/64...SU and Floyd Little played Army at Yankee Stadium.

That is not ND in this photo.

SU--ND played at Yankee Stadium on 11/28/63 (a week after the Kennedy Assassination). Floyd Little suited up for the Orange in 1964-65-66.
Rats.

Can't find any vintage stills from the '63 game, but here is a pretty sweet program. The photo of Floyd running wild is still quite special.
download (7).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom