Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame

20Plus

After listening to the chair on ESPN yesterday it sounds like they’re in.

I just don’t get it!

I don’t see it even if you give them a major pass for injuries they just don’t have enough wins into bad losses why are they in?

didn't you get the memo ? cuz they're special ! they've always been over ranked.
committee will have a vested interest in seeding them due solely to sponsors and viewership.

Last edited:
VT blowing a 21 point 2nd half lead put them in. That gave the committee all the ammo they needed to let then in cuz fat boy missed so many games

Agreed. If Buzz and the Hokies hadn't thrown up all over themselves, I think the ND discussion would be over or at least not as serious.

They're only saying theyre in because they over came injuries...

While they fail to mention we have two Centers with knee issues, a PG who got injured for entire year, another Guard who quit after a few games, and a Forward who left us late in the off season. The fact that we are even in discussion is remarkable.

After listening to the chair on ESPN yesterday it sounds like they’re in.

I just don’t get it!

I don’t see it even if you give them a major pass for injuries they just don’t have enough wins into bad losses why are they in?

We had guys out and playing injured almost all year. Battle was playing through a hurt back. Can we get credit for that?

Frank’s hand?

Injuries are part of the game and your resume.

They've been unremarkable even with Colson. 13-5 at full strength with most of those games in the softer non-conference portion of the schedule.

I despise ND for the hypocrisy that is the institution's foundation. Spewing how independence is such a sacred part of their being, yet they have all of their remaining sports programs in a conference. Their 'sacredness of independence' is the almighty buck first and foremost.

As much as I loathe them, I do think they're an NCAA worthy team now that they're healthy. They won the Maui tournament, beating some solid teams, including Wichita St. Losing Colson for two months, and Farrell missing several games with his ankle, they were able to tread water enough to at least give themselves a chance. Next year, most here feel that we have an excellent shot of doing some damage, hopefully, we do not sustain any season altering injuries to take us off that hopeful path. If we happen to be in ND's shoe's next year, I'd think most of us would be arguing we are a tourney team now that we are finally healthy again.

I despise ND for the hypocrisy that is the institution's foundation. Spewing how independence is such a sacred part of their being, yet they have all of their remaining sports programs in a conference. Their 'sacredness of independence' is the almighty buck first and foremost.

As much as I loathe them, I do think they're an NCAA worthy team now that they're healthy. They won the Maui tournament, beating some solid teams, including Wichita St. Losing Colson for two months, and Farrell missing several games with his ankle, they were able to tread water enough to at least give themselves a chance. Next year, most here feel that we have an excellent shot of doing some damage, hopefully, we do not sustain any season altering injuries to take us off that hopeful path. If we happen to be in ND's shoe's next year, I'd think most of us would be arguing we are a tourney team now that we are finally healthy again.

ND would make more money with its football program in a conference, so don't see your argument here.

ND still being considered due to their "unique" circumstance per Dan Gavitt makes my head hurt. 15 GAMES PEOPLE, HALF A SEASON ALMOST. C'mon man! *Edited to correct name to Dan Gavitt. His dad never would let this hypocrisy fly.

The Colson argument is weird to me. Are there teams out there who actually beat people when there best players are out. I wouldn’t know I’m a Syracuse fan

If they are asked by ESPN if they are considering or evaluating Notre Dame and the injury they have to say yes. It doesn't mean the consideration will be as positive as ESPN is making it out to be,

The irony is that they beat an injured Wichita St team. Are they going to consider that?

Injuries? We had plenty of those, a double digit scoring transfer and a kid quit the team before ACC play.

Give me a break

thorpe left becuz lack of pt. and why didn't JB or his staff sense TT was unhappy here ?
you usually sense some kind of a tremor before an earthquake. who missed this ?

Last edited:
thorpe left becuz lack of pt. and why didn't JB or his staff sense TT was unhappy here ?
you usually sense some kind of a tremor before an earthquake. who missed this ?
Ummm think JB knew about the curious case of Taurean Thompson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom