Notre Dame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame

On top of the fact ESPN is crap compared to even just 5 years ago after the purge of staff.

thorpe left becuz lack of pt. and why didn't JB or his staff sense TT was unhappy here ?
you usually sense some kind of a tremor before an earthquake. who missed this ?

Thorpe wasn’t playing that much largely because he was hobbled and was barely practicing. Wonder why you always ignore that part? Doesn’t fit the narrative?

Maybe we can announce Geno is coming back for the tournament.

We were an undefeated 6-0 team when he played, while we were .500 without him.

ha, that's a good one

Thorpe wasn’t playing that much largely because he was hobbled and was barely practicing. Wonder why you always ignore that part? Doesn’t fit the narrative?

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post. (or did I miss your sarcasm?)

With Colson, how many conference wins would ND have needed to make the dance? 10? 11? That means they were only two or three wins away without him. For that reason, I think they get in.

Gavitt mentioned road wins as being important. We have considerably better of those beating Miami and Louisville compared to ND's SU and BC.

With Colson, how many conference wins would ND have needed to make the dance? 10? 11? That means they were only two or three wins away without him. For that reason, I think they get in.

Based on the way they played with Colson before the ACC schedule, they actually played just as good in the ACC WITHOUT him.

The reason they are on the outside is not the ACC performance. There are a bunch of 8-10 teams from P5 schools on the bubble,

It's that they loss to Ball St and Indiana... with Colson.

The irony is that they beat an injured Wichita St team. Are they going to consider that?

Weak argument since it's just one game, and that's not the game that ND's fate hinges upon, but rather all of those games in conference that had they had them, likely ends in a different result. Though, it didn't seem to be a problem against our healthy team at the time as they came into the Dome and won. What's ironic, is that we couldn't beat ND with their two best guys out, Wake with theirs in the first game at Wake or at FSU with their leading scorer and rebound in Mann out. We also faced Oakland without a couple of their best players, but managed that W in the Dome.

Weak argument since it's just one game, and that's not the game that ND's fate hinges upon, but rather all of those games in conference that had they had them, likely ends in a different result. Though, it didn't seem to be a problem against our healthy team at the time as they came into the Dome and won. What's ironic, is that we couldn't beat ND with their two best guys out, Wake with theirs in the first game at Wake or at FSU with their leading scorer and rebound in Mann out.

Same right back at you. You identified their ONE quad 1 win vs Wichita St. So you can cite just one win, but I can't criticize it? I know you said solid wins, but their 2 other best wins before he got hurt was LSU and at Depaul. Am I missing somethign?

How come they lost to crappy teams like Ball St and Indiana and barely beat RPI #334 Dartmouth with him ?

Maybe he doesn't make them much better - you can't assume he does. The results pre-injury have to show it and they don't.

Last edited:
How come they lost to crappy teams like Ball St and Indiana and barely beat RPI #332 with him ?

Maybe he doesn't make them much better - you can't assume he does unless the way they played with him was better than without him, and that is not the case. Comparing records is idiotic because one is based on largely creampuffs.

I don't know, I didn't see those games. Maybe, it's do to those teams being in-state teams, and it's a state pride thing, I don't know. As I stated in my original post, I despise ND, so I'm not a fan, but looking at their team based more on who they have now healthy, at this time of the year, and the eye test.

I don't know, I didn't see those games. Maybe, it's do to those teams being in-state teams, and it's a state pride thing, I don't know. As I stated in my original post, I despise ND, so I'm not a fan, but looking at their team based more on who they have now healthy, at this time of the year, and the eye test.

So you are willing to excuse everything bad they did with him, and ride everything on the one Virginia Tech game. Or was it their 2 wins against Pitt, including a 3 point win. Because that is all they did when he came back.

So you are willing to excuse everything bad they did with him, and ride everything on the one Virginia Tech game. Or was it their 2 wins against Pitt, including a 3 point win. Because that is all they did when he came back.

I'm not a fan. Diplomatically, I have no interest in debating ND any further as I could truly care a less. My larger point was that if next year we happened to be in their same shoes (critical in season injuries, but not season ending, etc.) I think many of us would be crying the blues that we are now a different team, and worthy. I hope they don't get in, but it sure does appear that the committee is looking long and hard at those injuries as significant contributing factors based upon a couple of shows on CBS I've seen, so we'll see what they do.

Based on the way they played with Colson before the ACC schedule, they actually played just as good in the ACC WITHOUT him.

The reason they are on the outside is not the ACC performance. There are a bunch of 8-10 teams from P5 schools on the bubble,

It's that they loss to Ball St and Indiana... with Colson.
How many 10-8 or 11-7 teams are on the bubble, though?

Without Colson, they lost in double OT to Louisville, by one point to UNC, and by three points to Miami. It’s not a stretch to suggest they would have won at least two of those with him. And they had a number of other close conference games to boot. A better conference record and those losses to in-state rivals suddenly don’t matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom