Nova hasn't lost since we played them | Syracusefan.com

Nova hasn't lost since we played them

Eric15

Living Legend
They have won every game except one by at least 18 points. I'd love to see them play North Dakota State for the FCS title - I'd definitely tune in for that.

They have won every game except one by at least 18 points. I'd love to see them play North Dakota State for the FCS title - I'd definitely tune in for that.
FCS football is great. It's more pure , not corrupted by the big money. I like Stony Brook , they play a real ground and pound ball control game. Eastern Washington is Oregonesque , they can run most teams off their red field. I think your right about Nova , Andy Talley has them focused on nothing less than knocking off NDSU.

They should be undefeated. 100% outplayed us (even before Hunt got ejected).
Field goals can be tricky, just ask Oklahoma.

Rocco said:
They should be undefeated. 100% outplayed us (even before Hunt got ejected).

I always hate that argument. If they'd outplayed us 100% they should have the W.

Similar to "the better team didn't win today" stuff. No. The better team is the winning team. That's why you play the game.

All that said: they were a kick away from a win.

OrangeCrush22 said:
Worst win in the history of the program. I was completely dejected even after the missed field goal and people were leaving. Just terrible. It was interesting at least.

To paraphrase KingOtto III's old posts, "There are no winners here. Push."

There was no celebration in that win. Barely even relief. But as time goes by, all that matters was the W. And we got it.

I always hate that argument. If they'd outplayed us 100% they should have the W.

Similar to "the better team didn't win today" stuff. No. The better team is the winning team. That's why you play the game.

All that said: they were a kick away from a win.

Respectfully, wholeheartedly 100% disagree with this.

Rocco said:
Respectfully, wholeheartedly 100% disagree with this.
wish fourm could stop talking about this stupid nova game but if we play them 10 times we beat them 7... Therefore we are the better team and also walked away with a win when we played like crap.

wish fourm could stop talking about this stupid nova game but if we play them 10 times we beat them 7... Therefore we are the better team and also walked away with a win when we played like crap.

Just like the Rutgers thread, you don't have to read it. This was clearly a Nova thread based on the title. Some of us are interested to see what they do the rest of the season. I've also been known to keep on eye on Tulane, USC, Minnesota, NW, PSU, Indiana, Iowa, etc in years we play them.

Somewhere, in South Carolina, this thread is being linked with a comment of "make sure you hug your children tonight"

Their offense is good. Really good. Really, really good. As an example, the trailed at the half against James Madison a couple of weeks ago- and then calmly scored like 28 unanswered in the second half to win running away.

Their defense is suspect, which is all the more frustrating the way we played against them.

Luckily, our 1AA next year is Rhode Island, who is having an awful year.

I think we have a bit of a phallic issue when it comes to schools in the FCS. Some are incredibly talented and one of their biggest issues is depth. Put one of the top 5 against many average or worse P5's and they (FCS) are healthy, it's going to be a tough game. Ask anyone that has played North Dakota St.

It's sad we have to take pride in barely escaping at home against an undefeated FCS team.

It's sad we have to take pride in barely escaping at home against an undefeated FCS team.

Lots and lots of quality programs have lost early season games to FCS schools in recent years… Michigan, Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Oregon State and more. And Nebraska beat McNesse St. by the skin of their teeth this year. I agree it's embarrassing, but it's just about surviving since there are no exhibitions in CFB.

Lots and lots of quality programs have lost early season games to FCS schools in recent years… Michigan, Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Oregon State and more. And Nebraska beat McNesse St. by the skin of their teeth this year. I agree it's embarrassing, but it's just about surviving since there are no exhibitions in CFB.
Did those teams bounce back with some quality wins? We haven't done that yet. Until we do, it's going to continue to be embarrassing that we point to them being undefeated as if that makes us look better. Given our current national reputation, it doesn't. It reinforces what everyone thinks about us. We're a crappy football team. A win at Clemson and making a bowl game would help temper that perception. Without those, nearly losing to an FCS team is just more fodder.

Serious question:

If you put Nova in the AAC, where would they finish? Obviously, ECU is above everyone else in that conference, and UCF is good...but after that, who else is finishing ahead of Nova in the standings? Maybe Houston?

Serious question:

If you put Nova in the AAC, where would they finish? Obviously, ECU is above everyone else in that conference, and UCF is good...but after that, who else is finishing ahead of Nova in the standings? Maybe Houston?

Realistically, I think middle of the pack. Teams like South Florida/Memphis/Cincy have better athletes than Nova, but probably aren't as well-coached and as cohesive a unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom