Nova/Kansas | Syracusefan.com

Nova/Kansas

GooseMutt

All Conference
Watching nova Kansas. Making it so obvious to me that we have no offensive scheme/ plan. We are slave to an antiquated defense that sniper 3 point shooters that exist nowadays circumvent easily. We don’t ever do battle on the boards anymore. We play like we are afraid. I am blown away by our regression and inability/unwillingness to adjust to today’s style of play and circumstances. Sad! Go Cuse I guess!

Well, that was a dumb foul that turned out really, really well.

This game is quite the clusterf*ck at the end. Wow. Great ending regardless.

I'd call that a jump ball - I can't tell who it went off of.

I wouldn't have judged Nova students at all if they rushed the court after beating #1, but I love the fact that they didn't since they have two titles in the past four years.

I know - when they went with that wide shot I think they were expecting it for the broadcast. And nobody did.

Nobody wants to be #1 this year.

Villanova has the kind of talent Syracuse used to have every year before the ACC days.

The talent difference between the ranked level teams and our teams is very obvious just watching on TV at this point. Do we have any good to great athletes?

The talent difference between the ranked level teams and our teams is very obvious just watching on TV at this point. Do we have any good to great athletes?

That is maybe the most striking thing about our team now - I don't know. I don't think we have anyone that would qualify. Carey was likely the closest?

How about Jim Jackson talking about his OV to Cuse? Said it was brutally cold and he knew he wasn’t coming here

Heard that. Said he was with Kenny Anderson. Isn’t Ohio cold in the winter too?
I lived near Akron (snow belt) for 3 years of high school, and then Syracuse. Ohio is cold. Syracuse is a different animal. I was used to snow, but I remember walking from Lawrinson to Sadler every day for meals and thinking, “How the is this place inventing new types of bs weather? What is this, ‘Horizontal Sleet?’” A different kind of beast.

I get lost in wondering how our teams and program would have been changed had we secured some of the big name recruits who used to like us. And who that we did get who wouldn’t have been able to come... Some really fascinating near misses.

Watching nova Kansas. Making it so obvious to me that we have no offensive scheme/ plan. We are slave to an antiquated defense that sniper 3 point shooters that exist nowadays circumvent easily. We don’t ever do battle on the boards anymore. We play like we are afraid. I am blown away by our regression and inability/unwillingness to adjust to today’s style of play and circumstances. Sad! Go Cuse I guess!

I was at the game.

Villanova in particular plays smart basketball on both ends of the court.

They create good shots - they make the extra pass.

And they play excellent defense.

A pleasure to watch.

The Big East is really solid this year, even without a dominant Nova team this year. The worst BE team is #89 (St. John's) .in Ken Pom. 6 of its teams are in the top 40 in KP.

For comparison purposes, the ACC has the following teams below #89.
Clemson 92
Wake 94
Georgia Tech 112
Boston College 130

Butler is also up to #7 in KP after a nice road win today against Purdue.

Watching nova Kansas. Making it so obvious to me that we have no offensive scheme/ plan.

Yeah, none. We are in the top 10 in assists; top 20 in assists per game and have assisted on over 70% of our made baskets AND have completely revamped the offense compared to the ISO-heavy O of the last couple of years.

Jesus, do you even watch the games and, if so, do you even have a basic comprehension of what is going on out on the floor?
We are slave to an antiquated defense that sniper 3 point shooters that exist nowadays circumvent easily.

And...wrong again...we are top 50 in FG defense even though this year's D pales in comparison to last year's and the year before that.

We don’t ever do battle on the boards anymore. We play like we are afraid.

Ding, ding, ding. Hey, you got something right. Congratulations!!!. Get one more thing right and you'll rise to the level of a broken clock. We are 270th in rebound margin. But, in case you haven't noticed, we don't have the players with the requisite strength and physicality, outside of Guerrier, to really compete effectively on the glass.

I am blown away by our regression and inability/unwillingness to adjust to today’s style of play and circumstances. Sad! Go Cuse I guess!

Such a shame. Wrong again. Broken clock will have to wait for your next post. Good luck.

We rank 44th in 3 point attempts and 293rd in 2 point attempts. You know who played old school basketball yesterday??? Kansas - only 13 3 point attempts yesterday...and they rank 289th in 3 point attempts and 38th in 2 point attempts.

How about Jim Jackson talking about his OV to Cuse? Said it was brutally cold and he knew he wasn’t coming here

He pretty much repeated the same thing he said yesterday as he did during the Fox broadcast against the Hoyas last weekend.

JJ is from Toledo, Ohio, so it's just about as cold there in the winter as in Syracuse. Average temps in Toledo in January & February is 33/19 & 36/22 vs 32/16 & 34/17 respectively. Slightly warmer in Columbus, 36/20 & 40/22. So, not really much of a difference, certainly not anything to do with him choosing OSU over SU.

Last edited:
Elijah. But that’s about it. Marek, too, but he needs to gain strength to be truly effective.

He pretty much repeated the same thing he said yesterday as he did during the Fox broadcast against the Hoyas last weekend.

JJ is from Toledo, Ohio, so it's just about as cold there in the winter as in Syracuse. Average temps in Toledo in January & February is 33/19 & 36/22 vs 32/16 & 34/17 respectively. Slightly warmer in Columbus, 36/20 & 40/22. So, not really much of a difference, certainly not anything to do with him choosing OSU over SU.
I don’t think the temperature tells the whole story. I remember it just felt colder, appreciably colder, in Syracuse, and now that I think about it, I was under the impression it had something to do with humidity.

There’s also the thing where, when you live in the suburbs, essentially, you experience cold from your front door to the driveway, and then you park as close to whatever mall or supermarket entrance you can. At college, you actually have to walk around in the stuff. Couldn’t count the number of times, walking between parties or coming home from M Street when it felt as if my ears would crack off and fall into the snow if I just touched them. Never had that in Ohio.

Yeah, none. We are in the top 10 in assists; top 20 in assists per game and have assisted on over 70% of our made baskets AND have completely revamped the offense compared to the ISO-heavy O of the last couple of years.

Jesus, do you even watch the games and, if so, do you even have a basic comprehension of what is going on out on the floor?

And...wrong again...we are top 50 in FG defense even though this year's D pales in comparison to last year's and the year before that.

Ding, ding, ding. Hey, you got something right. Congratulations!!!. Get one more thing right and you'll rise to the level of a broken clock. We are 270th in rebound margin. But, in case you haven't noticed, we don't have the players with the requisite strength and physicality, outside of Guerrier, to really compete effectively on the glass.

Such a shame. Wrong again. Broken clock will have to wait for your next post. Good luck.

We rank 44th in 3 point attempts and 293rd in 2 point attempts. You know who played old school basketball yesterday??? Kansas - only 13 3 point attempts yesterday...and they rank 289th in 3 point attempts and 38th in 2 point attempts.
Stats like that prove we are a tremendous team. Our losses surely must have come at the hands of corrupt referees.

Meh