Nova/Kansas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nova/Kansas

Yeah, none. We are in the top 10 in assists; top 20 in assists per game and have assisted on over 70% of our made baskets AND have completely revamped the offense compared to the ISO-heavy O of the last couple of years.

Jesus, do you even watch the games and, if so, do you even have a basic comprehension of what is going on out on the floor?

And...wrong again...we are top 50 in FG defense even though this year's D pales in comparison to last year's and the year before that.

Ding, ding, ding. Hey, you got something right. Congratulations!!!. Get one more thing right and you'll rise to the level of a broken clock. We are 270th in rebound margin. But, in case you haven't noticed, we don't have the players with the requisite strength and physicality, outside of Guerrier, to really compete effectively on the glass.

Such a shame. Wrong again. Broken clock will have to wait for your next post. Good luck.

We rank 44th in 3 point attempts and 293rd in 2 point attempts. You know who played old school basketball yesterday??? Kansas - only 13 3 point attempts yesterday...and they rank 289th in 3 point attempts and 38th in 2 point attempts.
Jesus take it easy, the man has a family!!

However great post. I couldn’t agree with what you said more. I feel like some people will just complain no matter what.

Yeah, none. We are in the top 10 in assists; top 20 in assists per game and have assisted on over 70% of our made baskets AND have completely revamped the offense compared to the ISO-heavy O of the last couple of years.

Jesus, do you even watch the games and, if so, do you even have a basic comprehension of what is going on out on the floor?

And...wrong again...we are top 50 in FG defense even though this year's D pales in comparison to last year's and the year before that.

Ding, ding, ding. Hey, you got something right. Congratulations!!!. Get one more thing right and you'll rise to the level of a broken clock. We are 270th in rebound margin. But, in case you haven't noticed, we don't have the players with the requisite strength and physicality, outside of Guerrier, to really compete effectively on the glass.

Such a shame. Wrong again. Broken clock will have to wait for your next post. Good luck.

We rank 44th in 3 point attempts and 293rd in 2 point attempts. You know who played old school basketball yesterday??? Kansas - only 13 3 point attempts yesterday...and they rank 289th in 3 point attempts and 38th in 2 point attempts.

You seem a bit angry.

Stats like that prove we are a tremendous team. Our losses surely must have come at the hands of corrupt referees.
No but it proves our offense is night and day from the past couple years. Something our fans have been begging for. The ball and player movement is very good and it’s a young team that will only continue to improve as the season goes on.

Jesus take it easy, the man has a family!!

However great post. I couldn’t agree with what you said more. I feel like some people will just complain no matter what.
You’re right! We are awesome

No but it proves our offense is night and day from the past couple years. Something our fans have been begging for. The ball and player movement is very good and it’s a young team that will only continue to improve as the season goes on.

Nobody begged to be constructed as a mid-major......nobody. Could everyone quit saying people asked for this - some may have (I guess), but those people were lunatics, and/or likely meant something else, or are really, really big Colgate/Cornell fans.

Against P5 teams our turnovers skyrocket, and our efficiency generally falls off a cliff. We are about 1:1, maybe worse, on assist to turnover against P5 schools - which is suddenly everyone' favorite statistic.

I'm not sure you're going to see what you hope (or think) you're going to see once we get into the conference schedule. We force a lot of minutes on guys with limited upside because they're steady against teams like North Florida and won't get turned over, and they practice really well. Methinks people are a tad more optimistic than they should be.

Also, we really can't rebound well.

I hope you're right though!

Eli will decide what we do game to game...

Last edited:
I wouldn't have judged Nova students at all if they rushed the court after beating #1, but I love the fact that they didn't since they have two titles in the past four years.

If they did want to rush it's a little harder to rush the court in a pro arena with pro arena security.

Nobody begged to be constructed as a mid-major...nobody. Could everyone quit saying people asked for this - some may have (I guess), but those people were lunatics, and/or likely meant something else, or are really, really big Colgate/Cornell fans.

Against P5 teams our turnovers skyrocket, and our efficiency generally falls off a cliff. We are about 1:1, maybe worse, on assist to turnover against P5 schools - which is suddenly everyone' favorite statistic.

I'm not sure you're going to see what you hope (or think) you're going to see once we get into the conference schedule. We force a lot of minutes on guys with limited upside because they're steady against teams like North Florida and won't get turned over, and they practice really well. Methinks people are a tad more optimistic than they should be.

Also, we really can't rebound well.

I hope you're right though!

Eli will decide what we do game to game...
I’m optimistic for the future/next year. Everyone on this team will be back next year with the exception of maybe Hughes. I fully recognize this year is a rebuilding year. I’m pleased our offense is completely different from years past. However we do need to cut down the TOs and perform against P5 teams, your def right in that regard. But our pg is a freshman and obv there is going to be a learning curve. The rebounding is def an issue that we need to address. Our play from the 5 is going to hold us back but hopefully BS, Edwards and whoever else we get to man that spot can improve.
Also I’m sorry but I’m not going to whine and complain every second of this season no matter how disappointed I am. I love Cuse basketball and I love watching and talking about it. I want us to be great again. We are a very young team and there is going to be a lot of ups and downs this season. Accept it. Nothing I say, you say or anyone else on this board says is going to change that.

Stats like that prove we are a tremendous team. Our losses surely must have come at the hands of corrupt referees.
1577107387550.png

Of all the things this team does poorly, he chooses to denigrate one of the few things this team does well?

Clueless.

Villanova has the kind of talent Syracuse used to have every year before the ACC days.

Don't feel bad. Just like folks on here boasted about UConn being jealous, Villanova can not be happy with their talent and title belts because they aren't in the ACC. ;) Rest easy knowing that their fans wish they could be in your shoes now.