Nova@UConn | Syracusefan.com

Nova@UConn

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
UConn having to sell $15 tix to try to fill the aging arena. I find myself rooting for Nova (after the douchery of Yukon fans) even if it is bad for us with MSG seeding. Am I wrong?

UConn having to sell $15 tix to try to fill the aging arena. I find myself rooting for Nova (after the douchery of Yukon fans) even if it is bad for us with MSG seeding. Am I wrong?
I'm in the same boat. always

Boatright has done nothing today, figures. Archiciando has been having a field day against UConn's guards today, he has 17 of Nova's 30, but Huskies up 3 at half.

Uconn guards look horrible today!...that's basketball:rolleyes:

Goodnight UConn - now 2 games behind us and while we should have won the Nova game, they have won some nice games this year - they still need to get to 10 wins likely to make the tournament.

Unbelievable this is the same team we played a few days ago. Nova must be outrebounding them by at least 20. Napier/Boatright were non-existent today.
:confused:

I feel bad for nova... It will take weeks to shower that huskie stink out of their jerseys

Gotta admit I took a little pleasure in how this game shifted in the 2nd half. Upsets happen, but still kinda embarrassed that SU lost to either of these schools.

hahahahaha Boatright was awesome to watch today.
1/6 from the field (just made his first shot with 51 seconds left)
1 rebound
1 assist
5 turnovers

Napier was also 1/8 with 4 turnovers (9 assists though).

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy than Boatright

Goodnight UConn - now 2 games behind us and while we should have won the Nova game, they have won some nice games this year - they still need to get to 10 wins likely to make the tournament.
Nova has some great wins...I think 9 BE wins gets them an 11 seed.

But the most important question is: how will this UConn loss affect their BE Championship seeding and their NCAA seeding?

hahahahaha Boatright was awesome to watch today.
1/6 from the field (just made his first shot with 51 seconds left)
1 rebound
1 assist
5 turnovers

Napier was also 1/8 with 4 turnovers (9 assists though).

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy than Boatright

Pisses me off that they performed like this after Wednesday. Just goes to show that we were their superbowl.

I was going to say 9 or 10 wins will get Nova in but I prefer to see teams get in that have an above .500 record in their conference. Still 9 will give them a good chance. On the other hand that would mean they go 2-3 down the stretch and they had better win at least one game in the BET to feel comfortable about having a good chance if they do that.

99 times out of 100 I think people who claim one team wanted it more than another are full of it. On the other hand, Wednesday night may have been that one time with UConn over SU.

This just in Tenn doubling up UK (60-30) early 2nd half...schadenfreude paying off in spades today. At least UK will make the NIT.

DePaul up 3 over Rutgirls with 20 secs to go...can Schadenfreude go 3/3 today?

Yes it does! 75-69

Pisses me off that they performed like this after Wednesday. Just goes to show that we were their superbowl.

Yeah it does suck but, it also shows that sometimes that happens in basketball.

Are Louisville fans saying our game with them was our superbowl after Triche went off vs. them?

i believe providence outrebounded uconn by 29 or so in an OT loss. of all the things from wednesday night the rebounding was the absolute worst. UCONN is a solid MACC/mid major team.

Yeah it does suck but, it also shows that sometimes that happens in basketball.

Are Louisville fans saying our game with them was our superbowl after Triche went off vs. them?

Why would it be our superbowl? It was in the first half of the conference schedule, and we were a top 10 team [and remain so today].

Uconn is BET and postseason ineligible, and the hatred between the two teams / fanbases is palpable. They are also insanely bitter about being left behind in major conference expansion, and their program's future moving forward is very much in doubt.

That comparison doesn't even make sense.

Why would it be our superbowl? It was in the first half of the conference schedule, and we were a top 10 team [and remain so today].

Uconn is BET and postseason ineligible, and the hatred between the two teams / fanbases is palpable. They are also insanely bitter about being left behind in major conference expansion, and their program's future moving forward is very much in doubt.

That comparison doesn't even make sense.

True.

I was just making a point that sometimes opponent's have big games, sometimes they don't. Basketball is very streaky, hence the Triche game @ Louisville comparison. I'm sure they have been watching him not be able to throw a ball into the ocean from the beach and saying to themselves, of course he went off against us.

Speaking of opponent's going off against us, F Crocker.