Nova | Syracusefan.com

Nova

goodroc

Starter
I don't understand the love they are getting they are 1 and 3 vs top 25. Has any team with one top 25 win gotten a one seed. Although Wichita is going to be first not sure it's going to be 2. And we did beat them head to head.

Nova is 5-3 against RPI top 50.
Cuse is 6-2.

Nova is 23-0 against teams outside of the RPI top 50.
Cuse is 20-2, with both losses to teams at home outside of the top 100 RPI.

Nova's RPI is 4.
Cuse's RPI is 12.

Nova's nonconference SOS is #49, with overall strength being #21.
Cuse's nonconference SOS is #110, with overall strength being #66.

Nova plays in a better conference and has 3 losses. Cuse has 4 losses.

The answer is clear as day.

Nova is 5-3 against RPI top 50.
Cuse is 6-2.

Nova is 23-0 against teams outside of the RPI top 50.
Cuse is 20-2, with both losses to teams at home outside of the top 100 RPI.

Nova's RPI is 4.
Cuse's RPI is 12.

Nova's nonconference SOS is #49, with overall strength being #21.
Cuse's nonconference SOS is #110, with overall strength being #66.

Nova plays in a better conference and has 3 losses. Cuse has 4 losses.

The answer is clear as day.
LOL Did you just say that Nova plays in a better league? LOL How about that other thing.. you know the head to head bashing syracuse gave Nova.

SOS is flawed. If you play a team ranked 225 hurts you much less than beating. a team ranked 300. We got unlucky this year as cornell Binghamton and st Francis ext have had horrible years.

Boeheim has done a masterful job last few years avoiding teams over 200 rpi which inflated our rpi. It's a joke. It helped us in the past and is hurting us his year

i would love it if nova is the one seed in our bracket. they haven't played anyone besides Creighton in 3 months and they got blown out both times. I think that after this year people are going to re-think the underling conferences and what overall records mean. nova and Wichita haven't won a game that meant anything since 2013.

LOL Did you just say that Nova plays in a better league? LOL How about that other thing.. you know the head to head bashing syracuse gave Nova.
This shouldn't be hard to understand.

Big East is #4 in RPI, below only the Big 12, Big 10, and PAC-12. ACC is at #5, right behind them.

Also, teams are judged by overall body of work, not head to head matchups.

Please do your research next time.

Big East is #4 in RPI, below only the Big 12, Big 10, and PAC-12. ACC is at #5, right behind them.

you showed us. good luck with your future endeavors.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be a 2 in a bracket with Nova as a 1. Just beat the 3 and it's a cake walk to the final four, again. But Nova still has another @ss kicking coming from the big C so we both know that Nova as a 1 is a joke. Congrats on breaking the 30 year drought for regular season Big East champs though. I wonder what changed for you?? Oh, I know. All the good teams left.

duhu said:

So beating team by 16 after spotting them 18 means nothing? Ok. Who has Nova beaten to make you so worthy of a #1?

This is all moot since Creighton will embarrass them for a 3rd time.

Reactions: cto
Don't get me wrong, I would love to be a 2 in a bracket with Nova as a 1. Just beat the 3 and it's a cake walk to the final four, again. But Nova still has another @ss kicking coming from the big C so we both know that Nova as a 1 is a joke. Congrats on breaking the 30 year drought for regular season Big East champs though. I wonder what changed for you?? Oh, I know. All the good teams left.
Really, the last 1 seed is going to be weak.

Also, I don't get this "you ending 30 year drought" talk for the Big East. I don't play for Villanova and I sure as heck don't root for them. I was just pointing out a few facts.

Us? Lol.

I thought I was responding to only one person.
Oh, to be clear, you are on a syracuse fan board. I know that Nova doesn't have enough fans to have a board of their own. Come here any time. I heard that the Big East Tournament isn't even sold out. LOL

Us? Lol.

I thought I was responding to only one person.
Sure you don't. You are a syracuse fan, right? With your 36 posts and all. Once again, feel free to stay. You don't have a board of your own.

I want Nova as our 1 or 2 seed for sure over almost anyone else. I'd rather avoid Creighton than Nova.

So beating team by 16 after spotting them 18 means nothing? Ok. Who has Nova beaten to make you so worthy of a #1?

This is all moot since Creighton will embarrass them for a 3rd time.
Overall body of work. Not one game.

And I don't think the committee puts any stock into what the score was for a game at a specific point in time. Rather, they place the most emphasis in SOS, RPI, Strong wins (particularly away from home) vs Bad losses, overall winning percentage and how the team has played in it's last 10 games.

Regardless it may be moot if Villanova loses in the championship game to Creighton and Cuse wins theirs. It would be an interesting conversation, even though I still think Villanova (under those circumstances) has a slight edge.

And I don't think the committee puts any stock into what the score was for a game at a specific point in time. Rather, they place the most emphasis in SOS, RPI, Strong wins (particularly away from home) vs Bad losses, overall winning percentage and how the team has played in it's last 10 games.
The committee puts no stock on the last 10 games. That was ended about 7 years ago. Do some research

The committee puts no stock on the last 10 games. That was ended about 7 years ago. Do some research

You lost all credibility, whatever there was, with your last 10 words of this post.

duhu said:

Syracuse has more top 50 wins, more top 25 wins.

And you're many years too late if you think last ten games is still a factor. Do some research.

sabach said:
You lost all credibility, whatever there was, with your last 19 words of this post.

The 19th word was "from" that was in the middle of a parenthetical statement.

Last edited:
To be fair,Didn't we consider a lot of those big east teams to be quality wins when we used to play those teams in years past? Weren't a lot of people on here considering St Johns to be a big out of conference road win this season.
Villanova is a solid team with a lot of nice wins, but I still believe that syracuse has the better resume overall at this moment and controls it's own destiny in the ACC tournament to get the one seed.