Nova | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nova

To be fair,Didn't we consider a lot of those big east teams to be quality wins when we used to play those teams in years past? Weren't a lot of people on here considering St Johns to be a big out of conference road win this season.
Villanova is a solid team with a lot of nice wins, but I still believe that syracuse has the better resume overall at this moment and controls it's own destiny in the ACC tournament to get the one seed.

Nova was a big win from the get go. Posters didn't think the St. John's win was a good at the time, since although they were 6-2 when we beat them, they had only played one good team at the time (Wisconsin) and their other loss was to Penn State.

Posters thought it could become a good win when they won 9 out of 10 in conference, including Creighton and Georgetown, but then they lost a tough one @Nova and got beat by Xavier at home which put an end to that.

Cheers,
Neil

Eh, probably not last 10 but I still thought they take into consideration how you've played lately? ESPN actually lunardi just a week ago saying something about "what have you done for me lately," which does influence the bubble and seeding. You could probably google it.

Even so, that's still a strawman. One bad point does not negate the validity of the others. Still, I am more than willing to admit when I am wrong or being stupid. If Villanova does indeed win out, and Cuse wins out as well, this thread should be bumped.

Peace.

PS: I don't agree with banning someone who was just trying to have a polite argument over a difference of opinion. Don't see the big deal. :noidea:
Guy comes on our board and starts in with "do your research next time" lines and then cites a criterion that hasn't been used in years and just happens to be the one criterion that SU is weak in right now to bolster his claim. That's not how I would start a polite argument. And the clear as day line didn't help either.

Nova plays in a better conference and has 3 losses. Cuse has 4 losses.
You lost all credibility with that.

Conveniently left out the head-to-head as well.

Guy comes on our board and starts in with "do your research next time" lines and then cites a criterion that hasn't been used in years and just happens to be the one criterion that SU is weak in right now to bolster his claim. That's not how I would start a polite argument. And the clear as day line didn't help either.

Sounds like pretty much every seeding argument ever: State whatever happened that helps your case, fudge some #'s if you have to & ignore everything else. Rinse, repeat.

Duke fans & their beat writer are talking about playing X # of road games vs the Top 6 teams in the conference. Wait, why the top 6? Is there any actual evidence that Clemson is better than Maryland? Or is Clemson just higher in the standings because they played Duke at home, unlike Maryland, and also played Maryland at home (and needed 2 OT's to win)?

I'm already getting a headache from everything.
"Nova beat Kansas & Iowa", "Ya but Creighton", "Kansas's schedule was sick", "Ya but 8 losses?", "Michigan won a great conf. by 3 games", "Ya but non-conf?", "Wiscy has awesome road wins", "ya but Northwestern", "UVA was great", "Tennessee"...

I might as well be listening to Jim Nantz & Phil Simms discuss whether the WR made a football move before fumbling, or "completed the process of a catch" 5min's after he hit the ground. Either way I want to jam a fork in my eyes.

It's just not worth it. There is a major causation/correlation flaw in the argument that the 1seed matters because they go to the F4 or win championships more often. Obviously that happens because Louisville last yr & Kentucky the year before were better than everyone else - they didn't win because they were 1seeds; they were 1seeds because they were the best teams. None of these contenders for the fourth 1seed this year can say that though.

Busy week of work ahead, so I wish I could tune everything out except for the games next wknd. Of course, I know I won't be able to.

Really, the last 1 seed is going to be weak.

Also, I don't get this "you ending 30 year drought" talk for the Big East. I don't play for Villanova and I sure as heck don't root for them. I was just pointing out a few facts.

Appears to be a lonely Arizona fan. Weird.

Nova is 5-3 against RPI top 50.
Cuse is 6-2.

Nova is 23-0 against teams outside of the RPI top 50.
Cuse is 20-2, with both losses to teams at home outside of the top 100 RPI.

Nova's RPI is 4.
Cuse's RPI is 12.

Nova's nonconference SOS is #49, with overall strength being #21.
Cuse's nonconference SOS is #110, with overall strength being #66.

Nova plays in a better conference and has 3 losses. Cuse has 4 losses.

The answer is clear as day.
Clear as day except for the fact Syracuse wacked them