Now is NOT the time to bail. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Now is NOT the time to bail.

this is finally marrones team and this is marrone football. luv it or else hate it up. this is what we've got with dougie.

Yeah, the majority of the fanbase "bailed" a lonnnng time ago. We're the idiots left still caring. We'll be here, because apparently we all have nothing better to do.

Then find something better to do. Please.

Context...

I was responding to the OP who said we allowed GRob the opportunity to exhaust every chance available to him and should give Marrone the same chance. I replied that allowing Marrone (or any coach for that matter) the same leeway that Greggers had is foolhardy. No coach should be allowed to do what GRob did.

If we end up with a 4-8 or 3-9 (or worse) record, we should bring in another coach to build on Marrone's off the field accomplishments.....rather than allowing his good work to go to waste.

I hear what your saying but why fire a coach 3 weeks into the season? Marrone is not GROB. He has won a bowl game. He has had some success with recruits. He still has to prove he can coach the talent he gets but that is still to be determined. He needs to at least finish out this year. I am not happy with this year at all but some people want to pull the trigger to early and you sir are one of them. At the end of the season I may sing a different tune but it will be at the appropriate time. Some people just like to be the first of so they say I told you so. I am not I like to look at as much of the picture before I determine if he is a good coach or not

If we end up with a 4-8 or 3-9 (or worse) record, we should bring in another coach to build on Marrone's off the field accomplishments.....rather than allowing his good work to go to waste.
While I hope that Marrone gets the team turned around, there is something to be said about your statement. He has done a lot of positive things, and I do think he has things slowly trending in the right direction. That being the case, if he's not the guy, it would be best to not have to take another step back to take two steps forward by hanging on too long and not maximizing the improvement that has taken place.

...but I honestly feel HCDM is the man for this job, until proven otherwise...even if this year ends up a total disaster, I say let HCDM have next year as a final chance to realize his vision.

Proven otherwise? How much more proof do you need? Forget about the record in a horrible horrible conference. What about the bone head play calling? The fact that after 4 years our players are still perhaps the worst tacklers in the country? Our recruiting is, yes, improved over GROB, but big deal. we are still not competing for top talent.

Here is the problem with letting Dougie have next yr...next yr is going to be painful. the ACC is going to rip us to shreads. And then people will say we are in the ACC and dougie deserves more time etc.

HE CANT DO IT. HE IS NOT GENETICALLY ENGINEERED TO BE A HEAD COACH AT THIS LEVEL. Why delay the inevitable? Give him a watch and a handshake and send him back to the NFL to be someone's OL coach.

HE CANT DO IT. HE IS NOT GENETICALLY ENGINEERED TO BE A HEAD COACH AT THIS LEVEL.
I find that to be a fascinating statement.

Genetically I think his engineering is adequate.

He may not be socially engineered to be a head coach at this level though, what with the conservative NFL mentality and whatnot.

Proven otherwise? How much more proof do you need? Forget about the record in a horrible horrible conference. What about the bone head play calling? The fact that after 4 years our players are still perhaps the worst tacklers in the country? Our recruiting is, yes, improved over GROB, but big deal. we are still not competing for top talent.

Here is the problem with letting Dougie have next yr...next yr is going to be painful. the ACC is going to rip us to shreads. And then people will say we are in the ACC and dougie deserves more time etc.

HE CANT DO IT. HE IS NOT GENETICALLY ENGINEERED TO BE A HEAD COACH AT THIS LEVEL. Why delay the inevitable? Give him a watch and a handshake and send him back to the NFL to be someone's OL coach.
A call for a genetically engineered coach. Interesting take. Probably limits the candidate pool though.

As long as we can get to 4 or 5 wins this year, next year we start the ACC, the seniors who have displayed a definate lack of leadership are gone. Hopefully by the end of the season, most of the playing time is going to the younger players. If the seniors can't win then sit them, we are not an audition for the pro's. We need to start bringing stability to the program, we do not need another coaching change. Players play the game make passes,catches,runs,blocks,tackles not the coaches, our current group of senior leaders, haven't make enough good plays, and have to be the ones to accept responsibility for failure to win.

Who among us doesn't believe we win the Minny game by at least 10 points if we don't turn the ball over?

While it's true we don't have top notch talent, Minnesota looked very pedestrian, & we should have handled them. This is not Marrone's gameday blame...

Who among us doesn't believe we win the Minny game by at least 10 points if we don't turn the ball over?

While it's true we don't have top notch talent, Minnesota looked very pedestrian, & we should have handled them. This is not Marrone's gameday blame...

Ugh, not the what if garb! The game's over, it's a futile point, and there's no way to prove we win, let alone by 10 points. What if they make their two easy field goals, what if their touchdown doesn't get called back, etc., etc. It's an infinite argument...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom