Now that Tyler Rouse is going to Boston College, did Syracuse make a mistake? | Syracusefan.com

Now that Tyler Rouse is going to Boston College, did Syracuse make a mistake?

If we had gone after him late after losing AE I wouldn't have been upset, just like I won't be upset that we didn't decide to recruit him.

No, instead of celebrating the fact that the kid got offered and accepted a scholarship to BC they ask if SU made a mistake. Not a great article IMO

These are probably why:

• Season statistics: 333 carries, 2,977 yards, 47 TDs
  • Career statistics: 813 carries, 6,841 yards, 102 TDs.

That is alot of wear and tear!!

Only one D1 offer. Let that sink in. Only one single D1 offer.

I trust our staff.

These are probably why:

• Season statistics: 333 carries, 2,977 yards, 47 TDs
  • Career statistics: 813 carries, 6,841 yards, 102 TDs.

That is alot of wear and tear!!

The kid was a very, very productive Section 3 player. He also isn't a slam dunk have to offer player.

Not only was he Bville's offense but he played almost every defensive and return snap as well.

The kid was a very, very productive Section 3 player. He also isn't a slam dunk have to offer player.

Not only was he Bville's offense but he played almost every defensive and return snap as well.

I am not discounting his production, just saying I think all that playing time, offensively and defensively, scared a lot of schools...

Donnie trying out for Orangefizz I guess.

Good lord.
I am happy for Rouse. Hope he does well at BC.

I wish the article celebrated the fact that a local HS player got a scholarship to a great school and left it at that. This story should not be a negative.

I wish the article celebrated the fact that a local HS player got a scholarship to a great school and left it at that. This story should not be a negative.

This

Hopefully HCSS is making mental note about Donnie Webb...

i think they erred. While I don't know his measurables, the kid is just a FB player. Even if the kid barely plays, they have helped generate additional interest in the program locally by having him on the team, and allowing other local kids to dream about playing at SU

A couple years ago BC signed a local small school Mr. Everything running back from my area named Josh Keyes. He's still there but has been converted to a defensive back. Of course, he was 6'2" and 180 or so went he arrived in Chestnut Hill so he had a frame they could work with. Don't know about Tyler Rouse from what's been said. Is it RB or nothing?

I don't have a problem with su not offering him, but I was hoping they would.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Congrats to Tyler. I'd have to say that despite the production in HS, he's not the second coming of Joe Morris, IMO. I wish him well, though.

Glad he's getting a chance. Either he has it and proves the doubters wrong or he ends up with a scholarship at a D1 school and gets a good education.

Good luck young man, sorry that it didn't work out at your dream school but playing at an ACC school ain't so shabby.

Did we offer him? No. So who cares.

Threads like this just evolve into everyone bitching at each other. Look at Canzieri from a few years back. Everyone wants a reason to overreact. He didn't grade out in our recruiting evaluations so we didn't offer him. Move on.

Did we offer him? No. So who cares.

Threads like this just evolve into everyone bitching at each other. Look at Canzieri from a few years back. Everyone wants a reason to overreact. He didn't grade out in our recruiting evaluations so we didn't offer him. Move on.
He's a local kid, so there is local interest and he wanted to come here and led the nation in TD's and was either #1 or 2 in yards gained..

He's a local kid, so there is local interest and he wanted to come here and led the nation in TD's and was either #1 or 2 in yards gained..
but the interest wasn't mutual. so why should we care when the staff doesn't think he can play here?

but the interest wasn't mutual. so why should we care when the staff doesn't think he can play here?
Because maybe some of us here have a rooting interest for local kids. SU is the program in the region, it is not unreasonable for people to want to talk about it. Sure, the SU staff didn't see a fit but it doesn't negate that the locals don't have interest and want to see the kid do well.

Because maybe some of us here have a rooting interest for local kids. SU is the program in the region, it is not unreasonable for people to want to talk about it. Sure, the SU staff didn't see a fit but it doesn't negate that the locals don't have interest and want to see the kid do well.
That's not my point. The constant bitching about the staff not offering the kid and if we "made a mistake" is what I'm talking about. He wasn't offered. Our staff didn't want him. So stop complaining about it. Wish him luck at BC and move on. But just because BC offered doesn't make him a D1 talent, just like us offering Steve Rene didn't make him a D1 talent.

That's not my point. The constant bitching about the staff not offering the kid and if we "made a mistake" is what I'm talking about. He wasn't offered. Our staff didn't want him. So stop complaining about it. Wish him luck at BC and move on. But just because BC offered doesn't make him a D1 talent, just like us offering Steve Rene didn't make him a D1 talent.

But Steve Rene fair catches like no other. And he has pet snakes. Or geckos. Some type of lizard. Maybe that's why he was offered. Rouse has no lizard pets.