Now that Tyler Rouse is going to Boston College, did Syracuse make a mistake? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Now that Tyler Rouse is going to Boston College, did Syracuse make a mistake?

That's not my point. The constant bitching about the staff not offering the kid and if we "made a mistake" is what I'm talking about. He wasn't offered. Our staff didn't want him. So stop complaining about it. Wish him luck at BC and move on. But just because BC offered doesn't make him a D1 talent, just like us offering Steve Rene didn't make him a D1 talent.
I don't think anybody in this post was really bitching about him not being offered. A couple folks were disappointed but it was the local paper trying to generate readers who wrote the article. Go complain to them.

My apologies if you are referencing other threads that may very well be complaining about not offering the local kid. I realize some folks can get bent out of shape easily.

If he isn't a player that you think fits in, then you don't offer him. It's not rocket science.

That said, I hope this kid doesn't Mamula us on the field.

They also signed Jo-Lonn Dunbar ... beat out Cuse

300 plus carries in a 10 game season is excessive for the high school level. (Rouse)

dunbar
branch
hart

I don't have a problem with su not offering him, but I was hoping they would.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3
i was as well

He sure knew how to hit the hole. That's a big part of being a running back.

They also signed Jo-Lonn Dunbar ... beat out Cuse

300 plus carries in a 10 game season is excessive for the high school level. (Rouse)

They didn't beat out cuse for Dunbar--we signed Damien Rhodes that same recruiting class, who was higher rated.

I have seen him play a dozen or so times and he was just as good on D and also punted. How can a kid like this with these numbers be such under the radar and garnish almost no attention. Didn't understand it a year ago and still don't..

I thought the crutch for Dunbar was we offered him at linebacker, he wanted to play running back. BC offered him the chance to play RB and then promptly switched him to the other side of the ball before the ink was even dry.

Phat is right - he wanted to play rb, and we told him lb or bust.