Now this is awesome...Jim Brown | Syracusefan.com

Now this is awesome...Jim Brown

Absolutely agree! I hope I see old #44 at the game today. I'm almost tempted to steal that pic for my avatar.

The undisputed GOAT. This must have gotten the players amped up. I can imagine the room falling silent when he and Dino walk in, as the players recognize who is in their company this morning. Just awesome.
it wouldn't surprise me if many of today's college players never heard of him. Or Jim Brown may register as an old football name but I doubt he'd be treated with the reverence of, say, Abraham Lincoln.

it wouldn't surprise me if many of today's college players never heard of him. Or Jim Brown may register as an old football name but I doubt he'd be treated with the reverence of, say, Abraham Lincoln.
Four score and seven years ago. Now go out there and take it. Lincoln? Lincoln is dead man.

In that case, all the coaches would have to do is show a clip of some of his highlights. The players would understand after watching.

Without question, the greatest to ever lace them up...and it's not close!

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago Syracuse, NY
Jim Brown said he spoke with the team about balancing mental/physical approach. Need to value all your teammates as well.

Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball 6m6 minutes ago
Brown spoke with the team this morning, stressed the importance of 'team' and appreciating everything people contribute to a team

I got a dose of reality this morning when one of our grad assistants told me that THE two greatest Syracuse football games he ever saw were the Pinstripe Bowls.

In that case, all the coaches would have to do is show a clip of some of his highlights. The players would understand after watching.

Without question, the greatest to ever lace them up...and it's not close!
Or show the all time rush leaders list and point out he's the only one on there that averaged over 100 ypg.

Last edited:
I would imagine anyone playing football at Syracuse University has heard of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom