Now this is awesome...Jim Brown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Now this is awesome...Jim Brown

The only player in the top 20 that played less than 10 years and never played a 16 game schedule, 12 1957-60 and 14 1961-65.

Edit: And 51 years after he retired he's still at 9th on the list. Ridiculous.
And he retired at a relatively young age, especially compared to that list minus Barry Sanders.

I got a dose of reality this morning when one of our grad assistants told me that THE two greatest Syracuse football games he ever saw were the Pinstripe Bowls.

And he retired at a relatively young age, especially compared to that list minus Barry Sanders.
Yeah. He and Sanders are 1 and 2 on the yards per game list. I believe the GOAT was 29 when he retired and Barry was 30.

He still has a game face and I bet if he suited up he'd have the heart to blow through the line. The stories my dad told me and SWC and a few others tell... It's great to be ORANGE!

1st quarter magic provided to you by Mr. Jim Brown.

it wouldn't surprise me if many of today's college players never heard of him. Or Jim Brown may register as an old football name but I doubt he'd be treated with the reverence of, say, Abraham Lincoln.

They all know. Coaches make sure.

I knew he was in town so I was careful not to stand too close to the railing in the parking garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom