Nuggets decline Lydon’s 3rd year option | Syracusefan.com

Nuggets decline Lydon’s 3rd year option

Denver would not be in my top 30 teams as a free agent.

Nuggets are legit this year. Tons of talent. Will finish top 4 in west imo.

Core of Jokic (most underrated player in the league), Murray, Harris, with veteran Millsap is very solid.

I’m a die hard Nugget fan and now is definitely the time to be buying stock in the team. Jokic is a once in a generation talent at center and Jamal Murray, Garry Harris, and the currently injured Will Barton give him plenty of options with the ball in his hands. The big key this year is a healthy Paul Millsap whose defensive and veteran presence is fantastic for the rest of the team.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them swing for the fences in FA next year, but we will see how successful they will be in attracting a big name.

He faired fairly well in the G-League, he'll get another shot somewhere. The question still with him is can he defend an NBA 4

He faired fairly well in the G-League, he'll get another shot somewhere. The question still with him is can he defend an NBA 4
I thought he improved himself a lot on the defensive end this summer, as well as his overall game, and comfort level on the court.

Tom Crean seems right in retrospect...

True, Crean really ripped on his ability to stick in the NBA in his draft analysis but to be fair, Lydon suffering his first major injury while trying to make an impact in the NBA has to hurt. At his size he has to be able to physically match up and defend against physically stronger big guys, probably the biggest question in his game, Hopefully he gets an even better chance and is fully prepared and healed physically to take advantage.

Not sure why the Nuggets drafted him in the first place when they had 8 forwards and yet they drafted more forwards this year!
They traded back and were targeting OG but he was picked one pick in front of him and the Nuggets FO values shooting very highly and Tyler was the best shooter available at 24.

They traded back and were targeting OG but he was picked one pick in front of him and the Nuggets FO values shooting very highly and Tyler was the best shooter available at 24.

Fair enough, but he's never really had a shot there. It was a doomed transaction from the start. The bit I saw him play in summer league this year and the G league last season he looked good. Would be better off on a team like Philly that has zero shooting right now.

This is why it does matter where your drafted.

Fair enough, but he's never really had a shot there. It was a doomed transaction from the start. The bit I saw him play in summer league this year and the G league last season he looked good. Would be better off on a team like Philly that has zero shooting right now.

This is why it does matter where your drafted.
I agree with you on all fronts. As excited as I was to see another Orange in Denver I always viewed his potential to contribute as a long shot. Hopefully he continues to refine his game and catches on somewhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them swing for the fences in FA next year, but we will see how successful they will be in attracting a big name.
Kroenke swinging for the fences? Doubtful.

I’m a die hard Nugget fan and now is definitely the time to be buying stock in the team. Jokic is a once in a generation talent at center and Jamal Murray, Garry Harris, and the currently injured Will Barton give him plenty of options with the ball in his hands. The big key this year is a healthy Paul Millsap whose defensive and veteran presence is fantastic for the rest of the team.

What happened to Faried? Looked like he would be the next best thing at the power forward?