Number 1 reason for these close games | Syracusefan.com

Number 1 reason for these close games

Cuse4

Scout Team
We have had very, very, very few low post touches for any of our big men, particularly Fab, who can score ... even Xmas and Baye have enough offense to get touches against this comp ... we better start giving Fab the ball down there soon...

I'd like to see Fab getting 20 touches a night.

Baye played like he was hurt last night (and this morning's paper confirmed that) and I'm not seeing the same positives with Christmas that some others are - he's often unprepared for a pass (took a Scoop pass off the shoulder in the first half when it was clear to everyone in the building that he was getting the ball) and he unfailingly brings the ball down when he does catch it. For the time being, he's a garbage man.

A steady diet of Fab would be good, though I'm not sure that's Boeheim's preferred style of play. I never understood why Arinze got so few touches. It seems we only look to the bigs for short spurts in certain games.

agreed, but it is also too many guys getting minutes(no flow), first games, and playing m2m

...dont forget first team was out to big lead prior to others coming in...also not playing zone which is what we practice most. Additionally, as indicated above, flow can not be established with all these minutes going elsewhere from starters...it is a conundrum...give #8-10 time or concentrate time with starting five and two off of bench...frankly, i am pleased that others are getting playing time

It will be interesting when we go back to the 2-3. Wouldn't it be really, really, weird if JB decided to go M2M the entire season and not use the 2-3... only in significantly needed defensive times? Naw ... never mind.

we will see the 2-3 against Fordham ... I'm just surprised they didn't throw it into the St. Rose game for game practice. I would like to see more pressure...

It was as close as it was because it was an exhibition. In a "real" game the rotation will be shortened, the d is most likely 100% zone and the spread is MUCH larger. I'm curious to see if we will be pressing more- they seem to have deployed it more than I recall in previous exhibitions...with the deep bench it could be really effective.

It was as close as it was because it was an exhibition. In a "real" game the rotation will be shortened, the d is most likely 100% zone and the spread is MUCH larger. I'm curious to see if we will be pressing more- they seem to have deployed it more than I recall in previous exhibitions...with the deep bench it could be really effective.
With a deep bench and with competent big men back under the basket on defense ... I think pressure could be an important key this year ... not too effective last game as I remember ... but against St. Rose...hmmmm. Let's see if JB uses it against Fordham.

...dont forget first team was out to big lead prior to others coming in...also not playing zone which is what we practice most. Additionally, as indicated above, flow can not be established with all these minutes going elsewhere from starters...it is a conundrum...give #8-10 time or concentrate time with starting five and two off of bench...frankly, i am pleased that others are getting playing time

According to Bernie F, they play MTM 90% of the time in practice. They have to practice against what the opponents play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom