Nunez designated for assignment, bye bye Eduardo | Syracusefan.com

Nunez designated for assignment, bye bye Eduardo

CaliCuse

All American
The question is will anyone try to trade for him or wait for him to be released and then try to sign him as a FA? Just chalk up this kid as another failure by Yankee management to handle this player properly or trade him when the offers were coming in hot and heavy. Atlanta wanted him pretty bad a couple years ago but Cashman wasn't trying to deal fairly with the return he wanted.BTW The big question on this current pitching rotation isn't Tanaka or Phelps . Its whether CC will ever master his new slow pitch ability. Personally I have my doubts that he will be able to restructure his pitching to accommodate the wear an tear that his body and arm were subjected to with over use and overweight Lets hope the Yankee farm system can develop the next big time starting pitch within the next five years or so. Game one is in the books and the best that can be hoped is that tomorrow the team opens up their offense. If half a billion isn't enough to get them going its going to be a very long season. Its kind of ironic that the first shot to center was over the vaunted Jacoby's head an range. I would love to have been within earshot of Cashman when that ball landed.couchburn

Game 1 down. 161 to go...

BTW, CC only gave up 2 hits after the 2nd inning. I guess his slow pitch ability was caught in traffic.

Cali, you must have had a great spring because you're in mid-season (0-81) form.

For the sake of your health, just remember the 1998 team that won 114 games started the season 0-3.

In 2011 Atlanta wanted Nunez, Swisher, and a minor leager for Jair Jurrjens.

The same Jair Jurrjens who got shelled in 2012 (when he wasn't on the DL or down in AAA ball).

The same Jair Jurrjens who Baltimore walked away from last season.

I'd call that a WIN by Yankees management.

I've been watching baseball for a long time. Trust me, at the end of the season, no one is going to be 162-0 and no one is going to be 0-162.

I've been watching baseball for a long time. Trust me, at the end of the season, no one is going to be 162-0 and no one is going to be 0-162.

Peter Gammons? Is that you?