NY Daily News With a Dig at the SU Administration | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NY Daily News With a Dig at the SU Administration

When all the angry SU fans start e-mailing Weiss, there's gonna be hell toupee.
hoops_weiss_glory_toupee_2_large.jpg
Quips like that are why I pay the premium prices.

Don't wig out, guys.
29913742001_2224038250001_video-still-for-video-2224045309001.jpg
I believe Mr. Weiss acquired that from the Marv Albert collection.

When all the angry SU fans start e-mailing Weiss, there's gonna be hell toupee.
hoops_weiss_glory_toupee_2_large.jpg

You deserve more than "likes" for that one, brother. This is a classic!

Someone needs to remind this guy that BC, VT and WVa were the first teams to bolt the BE, not Syracuse. And we didn't leave alone. If we hadn't left, we'd be stuck in the same position as UConn right now.

Someone needs to remind this guy that BC, VT and WVa were the first teams to bolt the BE, not Syracuse. And we didn't leave alone. If we hadn't left, we'd be stuck in the same position as UConn right now.
Syracuse is the flagship enterprise of the BE. It's the only departure that mattered.

foolish and uneducated... right because newspaper industry has proven to be really business savvy.

I have a friend who is flat-out pissed off about the move to the ACC. He won't go to SU football games anymore and has lost interest in the basketball team.

I'm halfway there, but I'll never stop supporting the programs. Just highly disappointed and saddened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize there really wasn't another viable option, right?

Hopefully you're upset with the direction of college athletics in general and not Syracuse in particular...because being upset that the administration made what was literally the ONLY responsible decision they could make is just stupid and childish. It's not 1985 and it never will be again, no matter how much some short sighted pouty Cuse fans wish it were so.

"If the noise coming from the Syracuse fans wasn’t enough to show they wanted their team to cut down the nets, Boeheim’s animated demeanor epitomized the value he places on this league, despite the foolish, money-driven, uneducated decision by his president and athletic director to abandon one of the great traditions in our city. It contradicts the slogan that they have on its own home court and adorns many ads on Eighth Ave. — “New York’s College Team.’’"

Is SU moving out of NY?

Weiss is clueless. Moving to the ACC is foolish? Staying in the NNNNBE is foolish, and administrative suicide.

On another note, I'm sick of everyone in the media playing the whole "wahhh athletics is driven by money, it should be about rivalries."

Brilliant. Let's take a pass on 200% more money so we can play Georgetown twice a year

We weren't the bad guys. We were the smart guys. Why not put the blame where it belongs. The Big East Commissioner killed the Big East. Our leaving was well in the middle of a national conference re-alignment craze. We didn't start this ball rollling. We just rolled with it the right way early on. Props to our President and Athletic Director for having the guts to see the writing on the wall and to take care of our programs and not leave us hanging in the wind like UConn now is!!

and ps...the money is used for good things. Student scholarships, new teachers, better academics, better facilities. Who does not want more money except for that Capital One baby, lol.

"If the noise coming from the Syracuse fans wasn’t enough to show they wanted their team to cut down the nets, Boeheim’s animated demeanor epitomized the value he places on this league, despite the foolish, money-driven, uneducated decision by his president and athletic director to abandon one of the great traditions in our city. It contradicts the slogan that they have on its own home court and adorns many ads on Eighth Ave. — “New York’s College Team.’’"

Foolish and uneducated, huh? Is that a description of SU or of the author of this article?
The Big East traditionalists can lament all they want regarding this basketball league's greatness and established traditions the fact of the matter was and is the defecting schools were far more than just basketball athletic institutions and the biggest fact of them all is that big time athletics is also big time $ and THAT is the bottom line every time.If they don'tinderstand that then they should just shut up.:confused:

Foolish and uneducated, huh? Is that a description of SU or of the author of this article?
Reads like it was written by the NYC Chamber of Commerce.

If anyone could please answer this: What conference was SU affiliated with before the Big East? Is it even around today?

I know back then the money wasn't so big and the structure wasn't close to what it is today, but SU-Big East nostalgia is a generational thing. I don't know any "younger" people upset with the ACC move. It seems it is primarily the older generation that lament the departure the most, probably like the older generation lamenting the formation of the Big East and the old rivals that would eliminate.

In the end, it's just musical chairs, jockeying for money and position. Might as well get in a good league and make some money for a few decades.

not sure that isnt the worlds greatest comb over - you would be amazed what a 6ft pony tail will cover when done right

Reads like it was written by the NYC Chamber of Commerce.
I guarantee the NYC chamber could care less about a game between the GT Hoyas as and the upstate Oranngemen of Syracuse. Its like a found parking lot penny to them financially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom