NY Jets 2018 Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NY Jets 2018 Thread

You guys need to hire an offensive guy to work with darnold like the bears and niners did.

Yes, but institutional/structural change aren't going to happen until Woody is out of the picture.

the good news, i did not get to see the game, the bad news...everything.

yes, darnold is young, yes, he will get better, yes, this season is all about his development, but unfortunately, i am just not that impressed from what i have seen and heard. it is not the mistakes that bother me, it is the lack of dynamic plays.

bottom line....

baker, baker playmaker.....

sam, sam, is he a sham ????

just the jets luck, cleveland got it right for the first time in decades.

the good news, i did not get to see the game, the bad news...everything.

yes, darnold is young, yes, he will get better, yes, this season is all about his development, but unfortunately, i am just not that impressed from what i have seen and heard. it is not the mistakes that bother me, it is the lack of dynamic plays.

bottom line...

baker, baker playmaker...

sam, sam, is he a sham ????

just the jets luck, cleveland got it right for the first time in decades.

The only thing Todd Bowles knows about offense is he doesn't have one. For crying out loud, he brought in Chan freaking Gailey as his OC. Ask the Bills fans about that. :rolleyes:

I think Darnold is a keeper, but like I said earlier, I also think Mayfield has a better team around him. The Jets OL is is simply woeful.

I read somewhere that a football pundit was speculating Le'Veon Bell might end in NY because of their cap room. I don't think, especially after the Rex Ryan years, we need another head case in the locker room.

Well, the game wasn't on here. Did anyone see it? What happened? Is Denver that bad or did they just come up stinko like Detroit did?

Well, the game wasn't on here. Did anyone see it? What happened? Is Denver that bad or did they just come up stinko like Detroit did?
yes, it was a rare game that i got to see out that was not broadcast back east.

the jets started poorly w the powell fumble. it looked like it might seesaw for awhile, but the crowell long td changed the complexion. jets dominted both lines of scrimmage. huge holes for the running backs and crowell beat them into submission. the oline also protected sam well. they shut out von miller and chubbb and only allowed one sack, which was on a bad snap. the d line kept pressure on bortles all game williams was dom inent. several third down sacks that forced denver punts. probably half of bortles yards came right at the end in garbage time.

sam was a mixed bag. opposite of what i had previously seen. his long game was on fire, two gorgeous long tds to anderson, perfectly thrown balls. his third td to pryor was a so so pass and a great catch and run. his short game was terrible. completed less than 50% overall. several tipped passes including one that resulted in an int. looked like he was releasing low. he dis show his athleticism by catching at least three bad snaps that could easily have been fumbles. he also made a couple of key first downs on third and short sneaks.

opposite game for receivers, anderson terrific, enunwa was terrible. no catches and a couple of drops.

d was very solid overall. i think one cb had four passes defended, senior moment, i am forgetting who that was.

back to your original question. it wads close to a max game for the jets, except for the short passing game. denver did not look great, they were dominated, but they have already won twice, so i would like to think it was more about the jets playing very well.

did not get to see the game here in nm. sounds like sam is really getting it together, he seems to be improving each week. could he really be our franchise qb ???? i am liking his chances more and more.

ok, we won two straight against weaker teams. if we are to contend this season then next weeks game at home against minny is must win, to be followed by at least a split w two tough road games.

did not get to see the game here in nm. sounds like sam is really getting it together, he seems to be improving each week. could he really be our franchise qb ???? i am liking his chances more and more.

ok, we won two straight against weaker teams. if we are to contend this season then next weeks game at home against minny is must win, to be followed by at least a split w two tough road games.

The game was kind of a low level shootout. Darnold was solid, not flashy, effective enough to win. But Jason Myers had seven FG's for a reason: the Jets are one of the worst red zone teams in the NFL. That's because (IMHO) their running game is not up to the task, which is on the OL. Jets D was also just good enough to win this one, but still gave up 34 to a team hurt by injuries on O, so there's some tightening needed there. On the Colts' second drive after that freak first TD, Luck picked NYJ's D apart for an almost immediate answer TD, which was not good. Not much for pressure on Luck, either. Still, they competed and and the game was fun to watch. Minny has a lot more weapons with Thielen and Diggs, Rudolph, and a better ground game.

It's not going to be pretty this weekend. The Jets have several key injuries:

WR Quincy Enunwa and S Marcus Maye are definitely out
CB Buster Skrine (concussion) has been ruled out
CB Trumaine Johnson (quad) is doubtful,
WR Terrelle Pryor is also doubtful
RB Isaiah Crowell is listed as questionable, although it is noted that Crowell suited up with the same designation last week and has never missed a regular season NFL game due to injury.

The Jets do not have a bye until Week 11 so it will be difficult to get healthy.

Am I color blind or are the Jets wearing the Celtics shade of green?
These uniforms don’t look like normal Jets ones.
I just flipped it on DTV did they mention it?

Am I color blind or are the Jets wearing the Celtics shade of green?
These uniforms don’t look like normal Jets ones.
I just flipped it on DTV did they mention it?
No that’s the normal jets green.

If its same as Celtics, sue them.

Darnold wasn't good today. Throwing with his arm only. It was more like he was getting rid of it before he got eaten. Several dropped passes, several overthrows. Too many passes into coverage. Running game? What running game? Still, nobody quit, so there's that anyway.

Darnold wasn't good today. Throwing with his arm only. It was more like he was getting rid of it before he got eaten. Several dropped passes, several overthrows. Too many passes into coverage. Running game? What running game? Still, nobody quit, so there's that anyway.
Impossible.

I read here and hear in the radio that he’s already better than Eli and they’ve made a mistake that will haunt them...

FOREVER...

i did not see the game as usual out here. the box score looked very ugly for darnold. the only good things i saw were cannon and herndon...yech !!!

sorry, i am still a mayfield fan, it hurts that cleveland appears to have gotten it right. still, plenty of hope for sam, my fingers are crossed.

i did not see the game as usual out here. the box score looked very ugly for darnold. the only good things i saw were cannon and herndon...yech !!!

sorry, i am still a mayfield fan, it hurts that cleveland appears to have gotten it right. still, plenty of hope for sam, my fingers are crossed.

I still think Sam is the real thing, too. But like any QB, he needs a running game and better pass pro. Receivers today were mediocre. The fact is, despite his learning curve, he's pulling a bad team up.

hate to say it my fellow jets fan, but today did not sound like an upward trajectory.

No that’s the normal jets green.

If its same as Celtics, sue them.
These were the Jets color rush uniforms.
They weren’t the normal Jets jerseys.
They were Celtic green.
DqE8xrTUwAIWXuH

These were the Jets color rush uniforms.
They weren’t the normal Jets jerseys.
They were Celtic green.
DqE8xrTUwAIWXuH
I never believe I’m green/red color blind till this stuff is pointed out.

Same color green to me and I didn’t see any acknowledgement of them wearing the rush uni’s.

Cuse looked awesome on Saturday though...

Good grief, 8 punts in a quarter and a half. Why would anyone pay what they do for tickets to watch that? It's pretty obvious the Jets had/have more problems than QB. They have a dreadful OL and virtually no running game. What an insufferable bore that all was.

Good grief, 8 punts in a quarter and a half. Why would anyone pay what they do for tickets to watch that? It's pretty obvious the Jets had/have more problems than QB. They have a dreadful OL and virtually no running game. What an insufferable bore that all was.
i am watching via a gamecast and i am bored as can be.

yawnnnnnnn !!!?

Their D is not so bad, but they can only get off the field for about 2 minutes at a stretch. The Jets are running an impressive "three and out" offense.

Their D is not so bad, but they can only get off the field for about 2 minutes at a stretch. The Jets are running an impressive "three and out" offense.
Your coaches were stupid. The center couldn’t shotgun snap and there were a lot of bad snaps to Darnold.
They didn’t take him out till 5 minutes left.
It was a bad coaching job.

Your coaches were stupid. The center couldn’t shotgun snap and there were a lot of bad snaps to Darnold.
They didn’t take him out till 5 minutes left.
It was a bad coaching job.

Woody likes Todd Bowles, who just plain isn't a head coach.