NY times Temple to BE article | Syracusefan.com

NY times Temple to BE article

The Big East is totally cereal right now. They want to improve as conference...

From an SU fan's perspective, this is great. We go from a road game at the toughest venue in the Big East (Morgantown) to a game where there should be at least as many SU fans as Temple fans in the nice but mostly empty Linc in Philly. While Temple's football program is somewhat improved, this is a much easier game for our program to win (and an easier game to get to as well).

I bet Syracuse's refusal to go along with the plan to play Rutgers twice in one season was a big reason this happened. Villanova had their chance and blew it. They should have gone all in when they had their opportunities to join for football.

It will be interesting to see if one of the requirements for Temple joining is to allow Villanova to play in the Linc as well. That would be what I have come to expect from the Big East. Force two conference teams to share a market for college football that won't support one college team.

-----------------------

If the Big East is inviting Memphis, they might as well invite Temple:

Aside from immediate scheduling, adds a team in the northeast to complement RU and UConn and Navy as regional teams, adds a local BB rival for Nova and a good BB team for the BB schools. Temple now fits the new Big East profile.

Good move by Big East if it happens.

------------------

"Temple likely headed to Big East in 2012" from CBS Sports:

"Sources told CBSSports.com, the reason the Big East decided to go beyond 12 football members is because the league is preparing for the possibility it will lose Louisville if the Big 12 decides to expand by at least another team."

Was Greensboro School of Barbers not available until 2013?

So anyone out there still want to be in the Big East?

What a CF!

Somewhere in rural eastern North Carolina, a city of purple clad rednecks weeps.

So anyone out there still want to be in the Big East?

What a CF!

I can think of one board member who would still like to be in this mess as long as we continue to be affiliated with a certain school in NJ but I won't name names. That would be in bad taste.

Temple
Houston
UCF
Memphis
SMU
Navy
SDSU
Boise St.

We can all mourn what we lost by leaving the BE, but any rational SU fan has to be happy to have an ACC home after looking at that list.

Temple
Houston
UCF
Memphis
SMU
Navy
SDSU
Boise St.

We can all mourn what we lost by leaving the BE, but any rational SU fan has to be happy to have an ACC home after looking at that list.

--------------

It would have been a disaster for a private school like SU to have been left behind with this grouping:
beyond the competition, beyond the impact on recruiting, the money, the fan reaction, the stability, the geography, the university would have suffered greatly by being associated with these schools.

The comparison: ACC: 5 excellent private schools: SU, BC, Duke, Wake, Miami; medium size excellent rated state universities like UNC, UVA, GT, Pitt and others; it's like night and day.

That ND is leading the expansion committee, that the BB schools have signed on to this grouping continues to amaze me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom