NYT article | Syracusefan.com

NYT article

StopCoolio

2nd String
from Thamel:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/18/s...t-is-accused-of-sexual-abuse.html?_r=1&src=tp

“The university investigated this, the university talked to the people he said to talk to; none of them corroborated it,” Boeheim said.

Boeheim also said that it seemed “a little suspicious” that Davis’s relative decided to speak up in the wake of the Penn State allegations.

Davis’s mother told ESPN that she did not know about her son’s claims until he did an interview with ESPN about them in 2003.

So they are saying that when Davis decided to speak out about the alleged abuse he went first to ESPN. Then he told his mother? OK.

Did he first go to the police or to ESPN?

Both ESPN and The Syracuse Post-Standard investigated Davis’s claims in 2003 and declined to run articles because they could not confirm his claims.

So what changed to get ESPN to run with the story now?

Is the second accuser alleging abuse or corroborating the first accuser's allegation?

Is the second accuser alleging abuse or corroborating the first accuser's allegation?

Not sure, don't think that has been established yet. But as I said in another thread, The corroborator is Bobby's step brother. He had to be one of the people Bobby said would back him up. And did he say no in 2005 but is changing his story now?

Second accuser claims that he was assaulted a dozen times in the early 80's.

Did I mention that the second accuser is the older step brother of the first accuser.

Second accuser claims that he was assaulted a dozen times in the early 80's.

Did I mention that the second accuser is the older step brother of the first accuser.

I am not a lawyer, but I was once told that family members make really bad witnesses in certain cases and are almost ignored. Same reason you can't use family as references for jobs, etc. I think it makes the second accuser look really bad and less believeable that he didn't come forward before.

Any comments from our resident lawyers?

I've slowly started to not watch ESPN as much as I used to...this will take that to another level. Drama and BS storys. Its time someone kicks the 4 letter networks arse and I hope its us.

F#@KEN ESPN ran with this story like it was gospel!
Reading the NYT you get the sense of the enormous holes in this thing.

Who was that Reagan appointee who asked the famous question; "Where do I go to get my reputation back"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom