Oakland Zoo Alert.... | Syracusefan.com

Oakland Zoo Alert....

GENESEO1983

Walk On
Some inside info, the Oakland Zoo has been encouraged to wear bathrobes to the game....my son who goes to school there, just informed me of this and they will be opening the doors to the students at 6:00 AM. Carter-Williams had better have some thick skin!!

Some inside info, the Oakland Zoo has been encouraged to wear bathrobes to the game....my son who goes to school there, just informed me of this and they will be opening the doors to the students at 6:00 AM. Carter-Williams had better have some thick skin!!
They better be wearing Isotoners to complete the ensemble.

During the Ville game when MCW was at the line you could clearly hear the students chanting "Lord and Taylor", MCW cracked a smile and nailed the FT.

Creative, and hey, good on them! If I had the chance and it was within taste, I would most def rag on a Pitt player, other BE player if the shoe was on the other foot.

During the Ville game when MCW was at the line you could clearly hear the students chanting "Lord and Taylor", MCW cracked a smile and nailed the FT.
I hope they chant that more often then.

After years in product development and focus group testing...

6. If you weren’t at DePaul, we have a 5th cheer on offense. It’s “Lets Go” *clap clap* “Pitts-burgh” *clap clap*. If you have any suggestions for more chants, let us know!

6. If you weren’t at DePaul, we have a 5th cheer on offense. It’s “Lets Go” *clap clap* “Pitts-burgh” *clap clap*. If you have any suggestions for more chants, let us know!

I thought this was great also. I can just picture the smile on the sorority girl's face when she was typing about the "new" chant.

I am a huge Cuse fan who truly dislikes opponents' fans, but this is hilarious.

Well done you little shitt-slappers.

:rolling:

"5. The Pete now has a system for us to post messages to the Zoo and fans in the Pete via the jumbo-tron Think of it as a giant electronic whiteboard. We’ll certainly still use the normal whiteboards to communicate as well."

That's pretty cool too.

No slight to the SU students, but they truly do affect the game by being so close and totally crazy. G-Mac even said on the radio tonight what a home court advantage they have. I have one kid at Pitt and the other at SU....Not torn in the least as I've been a Cuse fan since '71.

I thought this was great also. I can just picture the smile on the sorority girl's face when she was typing about the "new" chant.
I have to say, aside from item #6, they're well organized nutbars.

Very well organized. Like I said when I was at SU we didn't even have a name for the student section. In fact we had assigned seats in the "student section." We had fun at games but I wish it was the way it is now when I was in school.

Then he missed the second if I recall correctly.

They also changed "bathrobe" a bit later

Back when I played competitive sports, i love getting heckled. Fueled my fire. Love trash talk, hopefully he does too.

Back when I played competitive sports, i love getting heckled. Fueled my fire. Love trash talk, hopefully he does too.
Probably pumps up most. I would think he psychs himself into justifying it that he's their concern if they're concentrating on him.

Probably pumps up most. I would think he psychs himself into justifying it that he's their concern if they're concentrating on him.
hope so.

If they really wanna -k with Carter-Williams and the team, they would root for him to shoot every time he touches the ball (which wouldn't be that much more often anyway)

Let's face it. We knew this was coming. At least 5 of us called it the day after the news broke. I know I did. I'm just surprised we haven't seen more of it so far. He brought it on himself. The question is, will ESPN acknowledge it over and over or stay away from commentary? Most average fans won't get it unless ESPN points it out.