Obi-Wan Kenobi | Syracusefan.com

Obi-Wan Kenobi

This is going to be a massive hit

No way they can screw it up
Let’s be honest, they can most definitely screw it up. It should be a slam dunk, but it already gives me pause that Favreau, Filoni and Rodriguez aren’t involved.

SW 1-3 says hold my beer
Not a fan of Reva, and the scene with Leia and Fleas character is comically bad but loved McGregor and Kumails work. Nari was annoying in the minute he was on screen. Bail Organa is solid.

Expected more from Grand Inquisitor TBH.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5. Slight disappointment for sure.

Last edited:
Rumor that Reva is the daughter of Mace Windu. I don't know what to think of that

I have no real affinity for Obi Wan. Didn't particularly like [nor dislike] him from the original trilogy back when I was a kid. Wasn't particularly jazzed about this series, but knew I'd watch.

But I have to say, these three episodes have been enjoyable as hell. I daresay that if you took these three episodes -- run time of about 2.5 hours combined -- and made them a movie, it would be better than all three of the last trilogy combined.

"Ended" [episode 3] on a cliffhanger, as well. So I'd be excited about seeing the "next" movie in two years, instead of the tripe we were subjected to.

This long form on Disney+ has been perfect for Star Wars. The production values are so high, they're movie-quality anyway. And I'd forgotten how terrific of an actor Ewan McGregor is / was.

They've done a great job with this series so far.

I have no real affinity for Obi Wan. Didn't particularly like [nor dislike] him from the original trilogy back when I was a kid. Wasn't particularly jazzed about this series, but knew I'd watch.

But I have to say, these three episodes have been enjoyable as hell. I daresay that if you took these three episodes -- run time of about 2.5 hours combined -- and made them a movie, it would be better than all three of the last trilogy combined.

"Ended" [episode 3] on a cliffhanger, as well. So I'd be excited about seeing the "next" movie in two years, instead of the tripe we were subjected to.

This long form on Disney+ has been perfect for Star Wars. The production values are so high, they're movie-quality anyway. And I'd forgotten how terrific of an actor Ewan McGregor is / was.

They've done a great job with this series so far.

Good take. I don't think they're perfect, but they're perfect relative to the expectations...it's not a "movie event" quality, but that's not what we're asking for here. Ends up being a really enjoyable 40-60 mins on the couch.

I love little Leia. Adorable.

But, Christ—Star Wars fans with racist messaging to that actress? What year is it?
But, to be frank, the writers seem to have incidentally provided a lot of the material for that reaction. Kinda shocking how blatant it was in just the first two episodes.

I had higher hopes for this show. Granted, I‘m only two episodes in, but there have already been a significant number of story/writing gaffes and/or clumsy bits.

I love little Leia. Adorable.

But, Christ—Star Wars fans with racist messaging to that actress? What year is it?
But, to be frank, the writers seem to have incidentally provided a lot of the material for that reaction. Kinda shocking how blatant it was in just the first two episodes.

I had higher hopes for this show. Granted, I‘m only two episodes in, but there have already been a significant number of story/writing gaffes and/or clumsy bits.
If you didn't dig it after the first two episodes, it gets worse IMO. Episode 3 had some cool moments but also a fair number of more obvious writing gaffes IMO and episode 4 was the worst of the bunch so far IMO.

This show is not good

Exponentially better than Boba Fett.

And with 2 more episodes to go before we see how it concludes, it's premature to make that claim.

For comparison, I thought the Loki episodes leading up to the finale were boring. Then the final episode knocked it out of the park, and changed my opinion of the series in its entirety.

I enjoyed the first three episodes. 4th one wasn't nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.

Exponentially better than Boba Fett.

And with 2 more episodes to go before we see how it concludes, it's premature to make that claim.

For comparison, I thought the Loki episodes leading up to the finale were boring. Then the final episode knocked it out of the park, and changed my opinion of the series in its entirety.

I enjoyed the first three episodes. 4th one wasn't nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.
Ewan’s a great actor so I continue watching.

But the story right now is just not compelling or interesting to me, or at least the typical 4-6 episode buildups becoming boring. I don’t find the third sister to be a “hate-able” villain. I feel like this show should be a lot darker but it is what it is. Disney’s just not really capitalizing imo.

I’ll keep watching. You may likely be right and the next few weeks will show a more exciting escalation in the plot.

I feel like I’m watching out of obligation because it’s Star Wars content.

But between this, Stranger things 4 and The Boys this is pulling up the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom