Why is it asking for a poll question

• 1) glitch in system

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 2) glitch in system

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome aboard!

Would love to see us get Rysheed Jordan. I think he can come in and compete for big minutes right away.

I'm not sure people will be doing back flips over signing this kid, but in my opinion he is filling our biggest roster hole, and the biggest hole we had to fill behind point guard.

Its great to get five star centers, but history shows they dont stay around long. We have Coleman now, and I hope we end up with Dakari Johnson later, but in between you need a guy who's going to stay four years and develop his game at Syracuse rather than in the NBA.

Obokoh will take over the mantle from Kieta. Its a hole that needed to be filled and I am very happy we got the guy we did to fill it.

I'm not sure people will be doing back flips over signing this kid, but in my opinion he is filling our biggest roster hole, and the biggest hole we had to fill behind point guard.

Its great to get five star centers, but history shows they dont stay around long. We have Coleman now, and I hope we end up with Dakari Johnson later, but in between you need a guy who's going to stay four years and develop his game at Syracuse rather than in the NBA.

Obokoh will take over the mantle from Kieta. Its a hole that needed to be filled and I am very happy we got the guy we did to fill it.
Good take. I think Keita's a little under rated actually. If Obokoh is the same player Keita is we're pretty blessed.

I admit I do not follow basketball recruiting that closely. Read where his teammate Thomas Bryant was also at MM. What is his potential?
Um... huge.

And a pretty good talent, a good student and a nice kid to boot. I love his coaches quotes about him... how athletic he is around the rim. Even our program kids are looking good enough to start for most teams.

PS confirming. http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2012/10/syracuse_gets_commitment_from.html

Center position, an upstate NY kid, not even a hint of any issues, and someone who looks like will do well academically. No problem with getting a 3 star like that at all.

We really need a high ranking forward or another "safety net" guard now to feel good about this class.

Jeremy Ryan@JeremyRyan44
Big get for the Orange. RT @TheRecruitScoop: 2013 Bishop Kearney (NY) PF Chinonso Obokoh informs me he has committed to Syracuse.
Great kid, excellent addition to the program. Enable compatibility mode for this site and you should be able to post without making a poll.

Good take. I think Keita's a little under rated actually. If Obokoh is the same player Keita is we're pretty blessed.

I think Keita was an absolute home run of a recruit.

This new world of 1 and done college players has created a new kind of recruit, the 4 year back up center. If you are an elite program and you get elite center prospects (like we have with Melo, Coleman, hopefully Johnson, etc.) you dont want to just go from freshman big to freshman big to freshman big. Why? Because freshmen big guys are the most likely to under-produce but jump to the NBA anyway.

You need somebody with some size and talent, but enough gaps in his talent so that he will not leave early for the NBA. This player also has to be okay being a 4 year back up (if needed) without causing any locker room problems. That way you have some experience and depth behind the great young skill.

In my mind this is the hardest position to recruit, and Boeheim did it perfectly when he got Keita. Where would we have been with just Fab and not Keita too? I'm sure we will be thinking the same thing this year with Coleman.

I dont think Obokoh will be as ready to play from day one as Keita was (no Oak Hill factor) but he wont have to be. Kieta will still be on the roster and he can red shirt/ take a year to learn from the end of the bench. With any luck he will be a junior before we really need him, and by that time I expect him to be a very good player. Hopefully another home run for Boeheim recruiting the trickiest position there is to recruit.

any video of him out there? I want to see how his hands are.

Count me among those excited to see Obokoh on board!

Not only does Obie take over for BMK but it is being done just a little better. By that I mean the timing. Obokoh is coming here while BMK is still on board. BMK was thrown in as a frosh, that should not have to be the case with Obokoh.

This signing shows a small upgrade in SU's program recruiting. Just like the Cooney RS showed. This is getting a BMK like program 4 year recruit, a year earlier than normal. Then you add in the bonus elements of academics, local, pipeline (T Bryant connections), and you elevate this to a great get.

Sounds like a good pickup, based on the reaction of those who know way more than I do.

Wonder if he'll get any halo effect from the program and end up a 4 star at some point.

I think Keita was an absolute home run of a recruit.

This new world of 1 and done college players has created a new kind of recruit, the 4 year back up center. If you are an elite program and you get elite center prospects (like we have with Melo, Coleman, hopefully Johnson, etc.) you dont want to just go from freshman big to freshman big to freshman big. Why? Because freshmen big guys are the most likely to under-produce but jump to the NBA anyway.

You need somebody with some size and talent, but enough gaps in his talent so that he will not leave early for the NBA. This player also has to be okay being a 4 year back up (if needed) without causing any locker room problems. That way you have some experience and depth behind the great young skill.

In my mind this is the hardest position to recruit, and Boeheim did it perfectly when he got Keita. Where would we have been with just Fab and not Keita too? I'm sure we will be thinking the same thing this year with Coleman.

I dont think Obokoh will be as ready to play from day one as Keita was (no Oak Hill factor) but he wont have to be. Kieta will still be on the roster and he can red shirt/ take a year to learn from the end of the bench. With any luck he will be a junior before we really need him, and by that time I expect him to be a very good player. Hopefully another home run for Boeheim recruiting the trickiest position there is to recruit.
Yup, agreed. Big man recruiting is so different from recruiting perimeter players. It's so likely to be feast or famine. Developing a guy with some athletic chops that has the potential to be more than someone that just takes up space or has really long arms is where it's at.

I think keita is drastically underrated. People who complain about a kid that blocked 4 shots and grabbed 10 boards against OSU in the elite 8 are forgetting the days of Elvir Ovcina and Billy Celuk.

I think keita is drastically underrated. People who complain about a kid that blocked 4 shots and grabbed 10 boards against OSU in the elite 8 are forgetting the days of Elvir Ovcina and Billy Celuk.
I can't argue with that.

...to say nothing of the time when we had no choice but to resort to bringing in C-List bigs like Greg Davis or Ethan Cole.

...to say nothing of the time when we had no choice but to resort to bringing in C-List bigs like Greg Davis or Ethan Cole.

Yup. And, I doubt as many will agree with this, but I count offense as a bonus from a center, at least in this system. Keita has great feet, good athleticism, an ability to finish (if he catches the ball) and a terrific, team-first attitude. I really value that combination of attributes.

Yup. And, I doubt as many will agree with this, but I count offense as a bonus from a center, at least in this system. Keita has great feet, good athleticism, an ability to finish (if he catches the ball) and a terrific, team-first attitude. I really value that combination of attributes.
True story.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2