Observations and Thoughts from Sec. 115... | Syracusefan.com

Observations and Thoughts from Sec. 115...

realcusefan888

Walk On
Extremely happy with this win!!! This was a dangerous, experienced, and talented team. We were coming of our left coast trip with key injuries! This game had me scared since july! So, very good win as we are a fortunate 3-1.

The good and the bad:

*P. Thomas: He stepped up in the absence of Shamarko with 10 tackles.

*West: Great to see this kid finally see the field and give us some size over the middle.

*Nassib: Calm and cool with a great read and touch throw to lemon in the face of the blitz.

*Tyson-Gulley seems to have more of a burst than Bailey and make just be our best runner at the moment.

*O-Line is coming together

*Foster is a great looking player on specials and hope we keep him a wr!!! We need size at that position!

**** The play calling is getting predictable and disturbing! We have not played to a 2 score lead all year. Way too close to the vest. We call plays to teh score instead of going past people and making them chase. Its simply COACH'S EGO play calling and happens in other places. What I mean by that is coaches come into game wanting to impose the run when it isnt there. Offense is about deception and its 2011 people...the pro and college game is about throwing the ball and running only when the pass is established and players move out of the box! Toledo played a 4-4 that just asks you to throw. Coming out of the locker room at 13-13...we needed to make an offensive statement and it didnt happen. The deep middle and seem was open all day.

**** RUTGERS: Expect the offense to go into its shell as it did last year in Piscataway as we play offense to mirror the offensive potential on the other side of the field which is backwards...

I think the O will be quite a bit different next week.

By all means, Marrone should unveil every play in the book to beat Toledo, just so Rutgers has something to look at on the game films.

**** The play calling is getting predictable and disturbing! We have not played to a 2 score lead all year. Way too close to the vest. We call plays to teh score instead of going past people and making them chase. Its simply COACH'S EGO play calling and happens in other places. What I mean by that is coaches come into game wanting to impose the run when it isnt there. Offense is about deception and its 2011 people...the pro and college game is about throwing the ball and running only when the pass is established and players move out of the box! Toledo played a 4-4 that just asks you to throw. Coming out of the locker room at 13-13...we needed to make an offensive statement and it didnt happen. The deep middle and seem was open all day.

Couldn't agree with this more ... in the end it worked out of them but could have just as easily failed ... miserably. Even Marrone admitted to wanting to establish the run and I can understand why, but I think you get more than an 8 point lead before you try to "outmuscle" an opponent. Especially after watching them handle our defense effortlessly at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom