OCC Women's Basketball | Syracusefan.com

OCC Women's Basketball

sabach

All American
Hello all:

Just wanted to give a shout out to my daughter who starts on the OCC Women's hoop team and her teammates. They are 28-2 and headed this week to the National Junior College National Championship tournament in Rochester, Minnesota where they are the three seed. It is the third straight year that the Lazers have made the national tournament. They don't get a lot of publicity in Syracuse but this team can play. Coach Legette-Jack met them at the airport this morning. GO LAZERS.

Hello all:

Just wanted to give a shout out to my daughter who starts on the OCC Women's hoop team and her teammates. They are 28-2 and headed this week to the National Junior College National Championship tournament in Rochester, Minnesota where they are the three seed. It is the third straight year that the Lazers have made the national tournament. They don't get a lot of publicity in Syracuse but this team can play. Coach Legette-Jack met them at the airport this morning. GO LAZERS.
Congrats, hope you guys enjoy the ride!

Lemoyne’s coach, Mary Grimes, was named coach of the year in their new D1 conference. She was previously at SU as an assistant and a recruiting coordinator under Q for 5 years when he first started from 2005-2010.

Lemoyne’s coach, Mary Grimes, was named coach of the year in their new D1 conference. She was previously at SU as an assistant and a recruiting coordinator under Q for 5 years when he first started from 2005-2010.
Siena grad. Former Assistant Coach at both UAlbany and Siena, in addition to Syracuse. Awesome recognition being named COY in the programs first year in D1. They can win the conference tournament. Also, Katie Kolinski is on her LeMoyne staff.

They won in the National quarter finals beating Dallas College Cedar Valley 78-61! Sabach’s daughter had a very good game too!
Don’t understand the schedule below since they won and when they play next though.

Nope, Play Consolation game today vs JCC Ironic
Without losing? That’s really strange to have a bye, win in the quarter finals and then play in a consolation game. Wonder if there is a missing game in the semi finals not posted on their webpage that they lost? Only way it makes any sense.

Without losing? That’s really strange to have a bye, win in the quarter finals and then play in a consolation game. Wonder if there is a missing game in the semi finals not posted on their webpage that they lost? Only way it makes any sense.
Look at Box Scores Carefully OCC LOST, numbers reversed. They were behind by 20pts in the 4th Quarter also see Dallas Schools site Dallas College Cedar Valley

Hello everyone and thanks for the support here.

The OCC Women Lazers ran into a buzzsaw in the first game and were beat by the 6 seed from Dallas Texas. We were down big right off the bat and made a run in the second half and got it down single digits right before the end of the third quarter but they pushed it right back up to start the fourth. This put us in the consolation bracket where we could finish no higher than 5th.

As has been stated in our next game we played Jefferson Community College. We travelled all they way to Minnesota just to play Jefferson Community College for the fifth time this season (2 regular season, conference championship game and regional championship game before this one.) Jefferson was limited because two regulars were out with injuries from the night before and we held them off again for the fourth time. The only time we lost to them this season was the night their assistant coach died of pancreatic cancer which was one of the few times in my life where I was sort of happy my kid's team lost.

In the fifth place game we played a team from Minnesota (there were 4 Minnesota teams at Nationals which is crazy). It was a back and forth game and they made a few plays at the end to get the win over us.

So, we finished 6th in the nation with a 29 and 4 record. We won the Mid State Athletic Conference Championship for like the 6th season in a row and the Region III Championship for the second time in three years. We have gone to nationals three years in a row, getting an at large bid once.

My daughter played well and I am very proud of her. She had a great freshman season making second team all conference, third team all region and was the MVP of the regional tournament which got OCC's ticket punched to nationals.

This is the third straight year I have had a daughter on the OCC team and next year I will have two on the team as my high school senior has already committed to play for OCC with her sister.

As some of you know, my wife and I homeschool our kids and New York is one of the few states in the nation that refuses to allow homeschool athletes to play public high school sports. So, I coach a team for home schooled girls and play other independent Christian schools all over the state. Last season we won the National Chrisitan School Athletic Association Division 1 National Championship in Ohio. This season we finished 4th.

We have most of the OCC team coming back next season so hopefully we can make a run again. If you ever want to come out to a game, please do. These ladies can play ball and Coach Kelly Seibt is building quite a program as she follows Mike Wheeler who used to be the OCC coach and is now coaching at Liverpool.

Here is an article on the tournament.

Thanks again everyone.

Hello everyone and thanks for the support here.

The OCC Women Lazers ran into a buzzsaw in the first game and were beat by the 6 seed from Dallas Texas. We were down big right off the bat and made a run in the second half and got it down single digits right before the end of the third quarter but they pushed it right back up to start the fourth. This put us in the consolation bracket where we could finish no higher than 5th.

As has been stated in our next game we played Jefferson Community College. We travelled all they way to Minnesota just to play Jefferson Community College for the fifth time this season (2 regular season, conference championship game and regional championship game before this one.) Jefferson was limited because two regulars were out with injuries from the night before and we held them off again for the fourth time. The only time we lost to them this season was the night their assistant coach died of pancreatic cancer which was one of the few times in my life where I was sort of happy my kid's team lost.

In the fifth place game we played a team from Minnesota (there were 4 Minnesota teams at Nationals which is crazy). It was a back and forth game and they made a few plays at the end to get the win over us.

So, we finished 6th in the nation with a 29 and 4 record. We won the Mid State Athletic Conference Championship for like the 6th season in a row and the Region III Championship for the second time in three years. We have gone to nationals three years in a row, getting an at large bid once.

My daughter played well and I am very proud of her. She had a great freshman season making second team all conference, third team all region and was the MVP of the regional tournament which got OCC's ticket punched to nationals.

This is the third straight year I have had a daughter on the OCC team and next year I will have two on the team as my high school senior has already committed to play for OCC with her sister.

As some of you know, my wife and I homeschool our kids and New York is one of the few states in the nation that refuses to allow homeschool athletes to play public high school sports. So, I coach a team for home schooled girls and play other independent Christian schools all over the state. Last season we won the National Chrisitan School Athletic Association Division 1 National Championship in Ohio. This season we finished 4th.

We have most of the OCC team coming back next season so hopefully we can make a run again. If you ever want to come out to a game, please do. These ladies can play ball and Coach Kelly Seibt is building quite a program as she follows Mike Wheeler who used to be the OCC coach and is now coaching at Liverpool.

Here is an article on the tournament.

Thanks again everyone.
Congrats. Never realized that homeschooled kids couldn't participate in school sponsored athletics. What's the sense of paying school tax. Good luck next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom