Odd quirk regarding student tickets... | Syracusefan.com

Odd quirk regarding student tickets...

cto

Administrator
A young man I know studied in Italy last semester as part of SU's "semester-abroad" program. He returned to campus this week and was told he could not buy student basketball tickets because the deadline was sometime last semester. He had bought tickets for both basketball and football during his first two years at SU and attended every game.

I am sure he is not the only SU student to have faced this situation (huge numbers study abroad each semester).

Has anyone here had this problem... and, if so, how did you overcome it?

A young man I know studied in Italy last semester as part of SU's "semester-abroad" program. He returned to campus this week and was told he could not buy student basketball tickets because the deadline was sometime last semester. He had bought tickets for both basketball and football during his first two years at SU and attended every game.

I am sure he is not the only SU student in this situation (huge numbers study abroad each semester).

Has anyone here had this problem... and, if so, how did you overcome it?
I had this problem when I worked my internship in the fall semester. Luckily I had a buddy that got me some freebies for the good games and bought singles or used someone else's IDs for the other games...

Or pull the old wristband trick.

Close friend of mine dealt with the same thing when on the hill. She fought to no avail and was told since they already had printed single game ticks for those seats not purchased nothing could be done as they were no longer reserved.

CTO, I would make a recommendation to the Study Abroad program that they advise students who go abroad to purchase season b-ball tickets in the fall so that when they come back they will have them. They will miss the games in Nov and Dec, but at least they will have seats for the spring semester when they are back on the Hill. Given that this has happened before, I'm surprised the Study Abroad program doesn't already do this.