Oddest questions about SU sports... | Syracusefan.com

Oddest questions about SU sports...

cto

Administrator
As SU fans, we've all heard people ask odd and/or dumb questions about SU sports (both inside and outside the media). During this period of off-season doldums, I tried to remember the oddest/dumbest I've heard. In no particular order they were: 1) Are Dick McPherson and Don McPherson related? (asked repeatedly during the mid-1980's) ... and 2) Are you Coach Boeheim's daughther? (asked of Juli by someone I had just introduced to her).

I'm sure you guys can remember some better ones.

Were Andy Rautins and Macky McPherson only recruited because they were legacies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Was Carmelo Anthony a bust?

(inside joke, all credit to strumpfasaurus).

Was Jonny Flynn only recruited so Cuse would sign Paul Harris.

Reactions: cto
"I had never even heard of Syracuse until I found out we were playing y'all"

- - Said to me by an Auburn fan on Bourbon St. (late Dec. 1987)

"How can you root for Syracuse when Devendorf is such a thug?"

UConn fan, BET, 2009.

"I had never even heard of Syracuse until I found out we were playing y'all"

- - Said to me by an Auburn fan on Bourbon St. (late Dec. 1987)
And Syracuse is a suburb of NYC...said by everyone else who failed geography in 5th grade.

As SU fans, we've all heard people ask odd and/or dumb questions about SU sports (both inside and outside the media). During this period of off-season doldums, I tried to remember the oddest/dumbest I've heard. In no particular order they were: 1) Are Dick McPherson and Don McPherson related? (asked repeatedly during the mid-1980's) ...
I usually answered that, No, Coach MacPherson is not related to Don McPherson by overpronouncing the MACKPherson and the MICKPherson and also stating "but they do look alike."

So how far is Syracuse from NYC? Wait, so Washington DC is closer to NYC? (several of my friends here in the DC area)

As SU fans, we've all heard people ask odd and/or dumb questions about SU sports (both inside and outside the media). During this period of off-season doldums, I tried to remember the oddest/dumbest I've heard. In no particular order they were: 1) Are Dick McPherson and Don McPherson related? (asked repeatedly during the mid-1980's) ... and 2) Are you Coach Boeheim's daughther? (asked of Juli by someone I had just introduced to her).

Yikes!!!! How incredibly awkward that Juli Boeheim introduction must have been!

I remember the Auburn football fans thought Syracuse was a suburb of NYC when they played at the Dome after 9/11.