Oddest questions about SU sports... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oddest questions about SU sports...

Not a question, but a comment I received once: "I don't think I could go to college in New York City, it's just too busy."

"so what do you guys think about keith smart?"

"With that weather, what recruit in his right mind would want to go there?" Heard or read that about a thousand times.

And Syracuse is a suburb of NYC...said by everyone else who failed geography in 5th grade.
Or from Belgium, like Kistof's parents. Didn't somebody report here that they were asked during the past NCAA if SU was in Buffalo?

"so what do you guys think about keith smart?"
This post is exactly why we need a "Dislike" button on this site! :bang:
(Ok not the post so much but the question, could've sworn that scab was done bleeding...)

"With that weather, what recruit in his right mind would want to go there?" Heard or read that about a thousand times.
Ridiculous. Does anyone say that about U of Michigan? Pretty sure ND has cold temps too. People are really dumb.

Or from Belgium, like Kistof's parents. Didn't somebody report here that they were asked during the past NCAA if SU was in Buffalo?
As I remember the story, his parents took a cab to Syracuse from JFK airport... because they thought it was a suburb of NYC.

"How 'bout that Bernie Fine stuff, huh?"

Do you think they'll turn the court and put half court at the 50 yard line of the football field in order to break the attendance mark for the _________ game.

Syracuse is good but they rarely can get by the sweet 16.
Wait that reminds me of alot of us. :D

As SU fans, we've all heard people ask odd and/or dumb questions about SU sports (both inside and outside the media). During this period of off-season doldums, I tried to remember the oddest/dumbest I've heard. In no particular order they were: 1) Are Dick McPherson and Don McPherson related? (asked repeatedly during the mid-1980's) ... and 2) Are you Coach Boeheim's daughther? (asked of Juli by someone I had just introduced to her).

I'm sure you guys can remember some better ones.
A personal favorite is "Where do you all come from"? I hear that a lot at road games, especially for basketball.

Others:

"How can you guys drink so much?". They are asking the wrong person.

"Is Otto gay"? "Does he speak English"?

My friend and I were watching Cuse vs West Virginia at the Rattlesnake in Boston during the BE tournament. He talked some trash so we talked some back. Cuse was making a run and he wasn't happy.

Him (to my friend): What did you major in at Syracuse?
My friend: Advsertising
Him: That's what I thought!
Us: ??

I'm still not sure how this was considered a put down.

"Isn't Syracuse in Canada?"

A serious question from an educated colleague at the beginning of a stint in Georgia. I considered quitting the project on the spot and heading home. :bang:

As I remember the story, his parents took a cab to Syracuse from JFK airport... because they thought it was a suburb of NYC.
I have that game on DVD and still get a kick out of that story. Does anybody know how much it cost them? 5 hr ride? When did they realize just how far it was and did the cabby tell them in advance?

"So...will this be the year Boeheim's team plays man-to-man?