Ode to James Arthur Boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ode to James Arthur Boeheim

This board mirrors our society. It’s what have you done for me lately and by lately I mean the last two or three games.
It’s more being consistent. If people are going to complain when it’s warranted then you better give credit when it’s warranted.
This team isn’t going to be a NC contender and nobody ever expected that.
The players have gotten better and that is good coaching.
Improvement is the biggest thing right now.
We won more games last year but that team wasn’t getting better and it made the tournament.

This year’s team might not make the tournament and that is fine but anyone watching sees the team is fun to watch and the players are getting better.
Optimism is huge. It cools things down. If we lose some games people will get frustrated I am sure but if this team only loses Carey then next year looks okay if we can add Tape even better.

Last edited:
Even when we were losing i didnt see us as this bad of a team. Offensively there were huge signs. Especially against Goergia Tech and some smaller schools. We showed signs. And when we went into conference games we were playing tough hard fought games and should probably have won some. I think this team just needed confidence and chemistry and they have it now

True and a lot of us forget how young this team is at the guard position and depth wise. It takes time to learn Jim's zone and the 3 guards are doing a better job of getting to their spots on D and rebounding.

Love, love, love the spacing on O. Sid is getting better to where he needs to be effective and to help out when someone picks up their dribble plus the way he runs the court on fastbreaks...very nice.
Buddy has some sweet moves to the basket and is taking advantage of a smaller player or slower ones. I enjoy his soft backboard shots on his drives.

Q will be a go to guy under the basket next year but he has developed so much from the beginning of the year, love his fight for the ball, much like Marek who shows by example how to go for the ball.

Keep it going Jimmy!

If we make the tournament I will buy a rotisserie chicken and eat it like it’s crowe.

Boeheim needs one defensive big and this team is dangerous.
culture_17-mar_post.jpg

It’s more being consistent. If people are going to complain when it’s warranted then you better give credit when it’s warranted.
We won more games last year but that team wasn’t getting better and it made the tournament.

This year’s team might not make the tournament and that is fine but anyone watching sees the team is fun to watch and the players are getting better.
Optimism is huge. It cools things down. If we lose some games people will get frustrated I am sure but if this team only loses Carey then next year looks okay if we can add Tape even better.
This.
The signs we’ve seen so far point to a pretty good future heading into next year. Barring another miracle f4 run, we lose no one except maybe Eli.
If everyone comes back, we will be very good next year. That’s not something i would’ve said even 2 weeks ago. Just a stellar job, and more to come.

Therein lies the rub. He is still a great coach - x and o's, in game strategy, etc. He gives us the best shot to win any particular game That said, he may not be the best person to lead the program into the future. There is a difference. Whomever succeeds him won't be as good as a coach but he may give us a better shot at being a better program overall.

I would like to like this more than once. We all know jb can win close games. And this team is getting better and is fun. That is good enough for me right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom