• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Notre Dame
Louisville
FSU
Clemson

Which would give you the greatest satisfaction if Cuse pulled off the old W.

For me it'd be...

1. FSU - #1 team in the nation, would immediately boost every aspect of our program and national attention.

2. Notre Dame - B^$%$ slap that fan base one more time. Also may have recruit and top 25 implications.

3. Louisville - Always enjoy beating Louisville, whether basketball or football. Would be good to deal Petrino a L. Helps our recruiting and would be a W over a likely top 25 opponent. Great for bowl implications.

4. Clemson - Would be awesome to win on the road, but I'm fine with an L here.

looks like buffalo bill here found the poll feature.

and really, really...really likes it.

beating ND at Giants Stadium would do the most for the program.

fla st is a close 2nd.

Beating any of those teams would be nice, but beating FSU is a whole other world. An FSU win would be massive and is a true David vs Goliath.

Completely agree. Now it's time to see just how much people here hate Notre Dame and good 'ol UL.

looks like buffalo bill here found the poll feature.

and really, really...really likes it.

beating ND at Giants Stadium would do the most for the program.

fla st is a close 2nd.

tumblr_mfq2dwv3ii1qgqsl6o1_500.gif

1) FSU - Everyone would know Syracuse is back. Dome would be crazy
2) Notre Dame - Their tears would taste so sweet
3) Clemson - Big name program on their home turf would be massive but i don't yet have the same vitriol towards them
4) Louisville - I expect to beat Louisville. It's what we do

If we can only get one W from the group, it's gotta be Notre Dame.

Otherwise, it means we have a couple conference losses and detract more from the conference's perception than we gain at this point by a big upset victory (although beating the defending National Champs would be nice). With the new playoff format, we want the ACC champion to have the most prestige possible so they are considered a given when the committee votes on which P5 conference to leave out.

Now it's a different story, if we could beat both FSU and Clemson and be in the running to win the division. Could accept a loss to Louisville under the assumption that those two and others will knock them off and eliminate any tiebreaker issues.

While I do not like the Domers, it is not a conference game so I would have to go with FSU/Clemson/Louisville. Of those three, I would pick Clemson as I am planning on going to the game. In truth, however, I believe a win against FSU would do the most for the program. As long as that win is one of many during the season. If it is a "fluke" win, it does little for the program or the conference.

I too would go with FSU for the obvious but also in the scenario you gave we would be 3-2 with that being a nice win to keep us above 500 for the first half of the season.

It's like Canadians, Clemson fans are too nice. :rolleyes:
Ha! Clemson fans.

When they win.

"Hey yall I loved your dome! Great fans, cya in 'Death Valley'"

When they lose.

"You guys cheated and paid the refs. Your fans suck"

I lived in South Carolina for a bit and grew to like the gamecocks due to the fact that clemson fans are fake, fake, fake.

I don't put Louisville in with those top 3, as much as Petrino keeps them interesting. Given their transitions, and the venue, I think we have a realistic shot at winning that game. Plus their name just isn't as big.

So for the big 3...

If FSU is #1, then I'd put them #1. Because they'd be riding one hell of a winning streak.

Otherwise ND in NYC. The team everyone pays attention to, in the city that gets the most attention.

If those don't work out, I guess I'll settle for a win at Death Valley.

I don't put Louisville in with those top 3, as much as Petrino keeps them interesting. Given their transitions, and the venue, I think we have a realistic shot at winning that game. Plus their name just isn't as big.

So for the big 3...

If FSU is #1, then I'd put them #1. Because they'd be riding one hell of a winning streak.

Otherwise ND in NYC. The team everyone pays attention to, in the city that gets the most attention.

If those don't work out, I guess I'll settle for a win at Death Valley.
yeah beating clemson will get us about 10 seconds on espn.

beating ND @Giants Stadium or beating Fla St, gets us on the sidebar.

beating fla st could even be the lead depending on what their record is.

i think it would be looked at as a lark, a 1x thing. Cuse caught fla st napping and got them in the Dome etc...

beating ND in NYC/jersey would be huge for the program. huge for recruiting.

i think it would be looked at as a lark, a 1x thing. Cuse caught fla st napping and got them in the Dome etc...

Do we have any guesses as to how many recruits will be attending the MetLife game or the FSU game? Im assuming its too early to tell.

Cuse beating FSU would be THE headline assuming FSU is undefeated.

Cuse beating ND in NYC would barely make a headline. Beating ND is not that big of a deal. Recruiting-wise, I don't think we will ever be able to compete with ND for elite blue-chippers out of that area. Just my opinion and I hope I get proven wrong one day.

Syracuse will be a 10-14 dog against ND in NYC (home game for them) versus a 24-28ish point dog AT HOME against FSU.

I want to beat them all. Any Syracuse football victory brings the same joy! LGO! (Rating how much a win means is kinda lame.) Just saying.